Sean Payton, HoF? (1 Viewer)

SaintKenn

Wait till next year?
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We all know Drew is a first ballot Hall of Famer, but what about Coach? Before his arrival, we only knew inconsistency. Our team would have a good season here and there but would greatly underachieve, never really building in previous seasons. These last 4 years, Sean has really shown how good he is, with an aging qb who has missed a few games.

I think he gets in, but with another Super Bowl victory, he has a chance to be a first ballot guy like Belechick. Thoughts?

If you take out 2014-2016, it is one of the most impressive coaching careers out there.

The biggest things standing in his way will be the lack of more championships and some of the defenses he's had.

he's probably almost there already and he isn't done by a long shot. Yes, I think it will be a while before he has had enough but I do think he ends up there.

I think so.
Look at the success he brought our franchise.
Without looking at stats, we had to be one of the worst teams in the league, for most of our existence. I know we were mostly terrible since I started watching in the early 80’s.

139-84 is his current record I believe. That's 62%, seems pretty strong to me. Take out those 7-9 years with the horrid defense and he's a shoe in.

I think he's in

he adds another Super Bowl and adds some 12-4, 13-3 years post Brees he's a shoo in, maybe not 1st ballot but he won't wait long

Even in the 7-9 years we still had a potent offense

Our offensive yards and points each season of his career have been very impressive and I'd stack that run against anybody

Just the one Super Bowl, early playoff exits and the lack of a coaching tree may be slight marks against

Decades later we are still talking about Bill Walsh and Bill Parcells disciples

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom