Sean Payton: If Marcus Murphy can't fix fumbles, 'we'll find another returner' (1 Viewer)

Sean Payton: If Marcus Murphy can't fix fumbles, 'we'll find another returner'

106.gif

For what it's worth, Lewis seems just as comfortable and safe as Cadet. I'm not sure if either will be able to really bust out in the return game but they both seem like they can secure the ball. Not sure if he needs it anymore, but it may give Lewis even more of an edge in the WR battle.

Was never a Murphy fan, so I'd lose no sleep if he was cut in the next 5 seconds
Other than bummer of yet another draft pick burned for no contribution.

Like I previously said, not worth 1 return touchdown a season if it means he will fumble it 4 times. Cut him, he's had his chance

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Never was a Murphy convert.

Lewis seem to catch well and have good judgment. He's quick and fast enough to be a fair returner, but noting too special. I think Payton should try all his rookie RB's, WR's, and DB's.

I think he's done with the Saints. That most recent fumble didn't even look forced, seemed like he coughed it up for no good reason.

Felt that last night Payton let both Murphy and Coleman solidify their place on the roster or cut list. I think both solidified their placement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lewis did make a pretty sweet move to get a 1st down after catching a swing pass.
The guy may not be the quickest or biggest, but he just makes fast decisive moves and has enough speed to win if he gets past the safety. I would like to see what he can do with Brees throwing the ball because he has solid hands and also on punt returns.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Can't see us wasting a roster spot on someone who's just going to screw up 3 wks in and get cut and have it scramble during the season to try and fill the spot.

I'd much rather make the cut now and start the adjustment.

Seen this too much over the years on special teams under Payton.

Murphy's decision making a ball security has not improved at all unless the light miraculously comes on in the next week he will be gone in the first round of cuts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom