Sean Payton: "I'm coming in with the mindset that this is my first year" (1 Viewer)

I don't buy the players are oh so "excited" to hear Payton talk this way other than Brees. When Payton came to the Saints in 06, he took a sheriff approach, he quickly cut a handful of known players and brought in his own FA's, many who were unknowns.

If I'm a high to medium salary guy who didn't do squat last season and the cap hit isn't going to be too bad, I am quaking in my boots right now. A lot of players didn't earn their money last season, with the switch to a 3-4 provides the excuse to move on from players who we probably wouldn't have been able to had we stayed in a 4-3.

I hope he takes a hard look at Vitt as a coach. Don't take any members of the saints off the table. We desperately need areal LB coach.

I hope he takes a hard look at Vitt as a coach. Don't take any members of the saints off the table. We desperately need areal LB coach.

3-4 teams usually have an ILB and OLB Coach, hopefully Rob Ryan can bring someone on board with him that can teach these Linebackers some technique and develop them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom