Sean Payton in 2013, and Off-Season Changes... (1 Viewer)

mrperrino

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
One thing is for sure..

Sean Payton:

1. Has notes from a totally separate and different perspective of every single Saints game and opponent, i.e. package personnel, players skills, development, strengths and weaknesses..

2. When he returns, he WILL make all adjustments in schemes, play calling, player personnel packages and groupings, etc..

3. He WILL make drastic, sever cuts and upgrades to the 2013 team, so that it is FAR REMOVED from any resemblance of the * Asterik Non-Sean Payton Saints Team, which by the way, coincidentially, is Drew Brees' worst career year as QB and Saints QB WITHOUT Sean Payton...

4. He had no contact with any NFL player or his team, and you can bet havin 24/7 control of all operations in 2013, this Coach Payton will be MORE focused than 2006, starting job and the 2009 SB Season.....

Lastly, when Sean comes back, EVERY media outlet for all of 2013 season will be following Sean Payton and his Saints team 24/7...interviews, commentary, gossip, rankings, etc...2012 will be the year of the Asterisk *..... to real Saints fans, it doesn't count...even Drew is NOT Drew Brees without Sean Payton...nor is Carmichael or Vitt...they all tried their best, but it wasn't good enough...fair to say...no problem there...

4. Any thoughts on what you see Sean Payton doing to Saints team and roster in 2013? It will be HUGE! Oh and the NFC South is in deep trouble when Sean returns....as he will know from every single game, snap, packages, personnel, etc....who's IN and who's gotta go! 2013 folks, will be FOREIGN to 2012 Saints fans....

WHO DAT!

I disagree...i think some changes in personnel are inevitable. But with respect to other things, the change itself will come from his presence. There may be subtle changes to play calling/design, but I dont think DRASTIC changes are coming.

Here is what i would love to see:

the teams in our division geared up to to keep up with our ability to score. See ATL, Panthers and Bucs and all the offensive moves they have made. Subsequently, most of our division opponents didnt make many defensive moves ( DBs specifically ). So to stay one step ahead, focus on the run game. Switch it up. Sean has always been quite adept at being a step ahead of others. He has the chance to do it again. I think we see a more balanced attack.

I hope he's got a big supply of Juicy Fruit saved up because he's gonna need it when he gets back!

One thing is for sure..

Sean Payton:

3. He WILL make drastic, sever cuts and upgrades to the 2013 team, so that it is FAR REMOVED from any resemblance of the * Asterik Non-Sean Payton Saints Team, which by the way, coincidentially, is Drew Brees' worst career year as QB and Saints QB WITHOUT Sean Payton...

WHO DAT!

I agree with all your points except this one.. our defense took 6 games to start to mesh together simply because of the massive changes in personnel and scheme. Doing that again would only guarantee the same result next year. As far as the offense only some minor tweaking is needed.. just having Payton back will greatly improve it. i think overall we will see most of the same faces but more discipline.

or maybe everyone and every player will get a pass and we'll be stuck with the same group as we were this year and nothing will change.

I agree with all your points except this one.. our defense took 6 games to start to mesh together simply because of the massive changes in personnel and scheme. Doing that again would only guarantee the same result next year. As far as the offense only some minor tweaking is needed.. just having Payton back will greatly improve it. i think overall we will see most of the same faces but more discipline.

My interpretation of severe cuts are a few high profile players will not be back. They may be called cap casualties but ... its time to rebuild for the new era of Paytons Saints team.

The cap is going to dictate many of the personnel moves and make no mistake this could be the most challenging year for Mickey Loomis and Sean Payton. There are no easy fixes short of a huge increase in the cap, which we are told is not going to happen. I agree with a previous poster that Spags finally has the defense showing some life and while we do need youth and athletes to come in and contribute, I believe our more important priority early next year is OL, particularly at tackle. Bushrod is a FA and may overprice his value to us and Zach Strief is just not a starter. We need an anchor at right tackle to replace Zach and competition for Bushrod if we even keep him.

The concerning thing is we have more needs than draft picks and little money to attract higher profile FA's.

I agree. We're without our coach, stripped of draft picks, key players that are not focused because they have to fight a corrupt commissioner, several other coaches suspended. This is an asterik year for sure. Atlanta can cheer all they want. When we get our coach back and our reall team returns at full strench and focus. We'll own then for another 10 years.

I agree. We're without our coach, stripped of draft picks, key players that are not focused because they have to fight a corrupt commissioner, several other coaches suspended. This is an asterik year for sure. Atlanta can cheer all they want. When we get our coach back and our reall team returns at full strench and focus. We'll own then for another 10 years.

One can only imagine, all the notes, note pads, observations, videotape of games, analysis of X's and O's charts, that Sean payton has created, boxes full of new plays, schemes, etc...

All the things he wants to discuss with Spagnuolo and vice versa.... it sucks... "Welcome New Defensive Coordinator....glad to work with you... Oh, sorry, will talk to you about the D and the team's needs and deficiences NEXT season as I got to go on suspension now, can't help you or talk to you this year." goodluck! LOL

It will be good to know that he will have one-on-one dinners and talks and meetings with each and every member of his staff at some point for "what's up?" 'What happened? news.... LOL

p.s. does Sean get to talk to the Saints after the last game of the season? or the last whistle after the Super Bowl...? 2013 will be very very intersting and fun...

Some positives/advantages that will be back in our favor

- You definitely don't see many teams calling timeouts to counter our multiple packages on offense. Payton was a genius at this. They either called a TO or got burnt with the wrong personnel on the field.

- Accountabilty. When is the last time you saw a coach on our sideline grab a player by his jersey for false starts, holding, dropped balls, wrong cleats, etc...When Vitt returned some accountability returned but nothing near when Payton is roaming the sidelines

- Time to recoup and get his life in order. Sean has had one hell of a whirlwind in his life with all thats going on , bounty bs and divorce and all. Not to mention the guy never left the building during football season. May be a blessing in disguise, guy has time to get life in order and come back fully refreshed.

One thing I'd love to see changed is our entire College Scouting Dept.

On offense they are great, only big miss came on Charles Brown. On defense their batting average has been atrocious to say the least. One exception = Cam Jordan. Hopefully with the talent in this year's draft they do not miss.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom