Sean Payton Interview On The Dan Patrick Show (1/27/2022) (1 Viewer)

Lol, corrected yes Cowher.

Madden was actually only 42 when he retired.. but unlike Payton, Madden was definitive at the time in saying that he would never coach again.
Yeah unlike Madden ,Payton said the exact opposite, that he is not done with coaching. That is straight from the horses mouth

I see Payton is already doing the "I Want A TV Gig" self promoting tour thing.
That didn't take long.

I see Payton is already doing the "I Want A TV Gig" self promoting tour thing.
That didn't take long.

It's a natural career step to explore and does seem to be something he's genuinely been thinking about, so it probably doesn't feel sudden to him.

At the very least, have to think he's going to be a popular guest on every football show, so he's very likely going to get a lot of exposure and tv time anyway.

I wish I could be happy for him. I'm trying super hard.
Yeah, I get it. I feel happy for him. He's newly married, recently retired and moving to another location in NOLA and is angling for a good TV opportunity and had left the team in good hands with Gayle, Loomis and the rest of the front office and better than when he got here.

I'm really not at all worried about him coaching elsewhere if he decides to do that. Won't bother me a bit. People gotta do what they gotta do. I'm pretty content right now so I can't complain too much.

For Payton to take such a gigantic step down in pay and status leads me to believe there may be something else going on in his life. It may be a simple midlife crisis, but maybe more.
There's a possibility it's long COVID related. He's been infected twice. He was symptomatic the second time.

I personally know a few people that were infected in spring and summer of 2020 who are still suffering from constant physical fatigue, difficulty focusing, concentrating and thinking clearly.

If he's dealing with any of that, it would be difficult to be the head coach for an entire off season and season.

Payton will be coaching in 2023 or 2024 at the latest. He still wants to coach and compete! He’s not burnt out from coaching. He’s burnt out from coaching the Saints!

There will always be Cowboys threads. It's the SR way. :9:
Unfortunately you are correct sir haha
Yeah, I get it. I feel happy for him. He's newly married, recently retired and moving to another location in NOLA and is angling for a good TV opportunity and had left the team in good hands with Gayle, Loomis and the rest of the front office and better than when he got here.

I'm really not at all worried about him coaching elsewhere if he decides to do that. Won't bother me a bit. People gotta do what they gotta do. I'm pretty content right now so I can't complain too much.
That is the outlook we need to have moving forward. When Payton says he is not done with coaching I expect a return just going by his words alone. People are trying to mince his words and get their loved ex gf back and I can't blame them. But coaching elsewhere is a huge probability and like you said we can't let it ruin our lives

Yeah unlike Madden ,Payton said the exact opposite, that he is not done with coaching. That is straight from the horses mouth
Yes except that Payton's "I think I'll coach again" isn't as definitive as Madden's "I will not coach again," but semantics really and in the end I think most of us agree that it's (much) more likely than not that he'll go back to coaching eventually.

Payton will be coaching in 2023 or 2024 at the latest. He still wants to coach and compete! He’s not burnt out from coaching. He’s burnt out from coaching the Saints!
He said it himself he is not done with coaching, coaching the Saints yes and that's obvious, but coaching in general as he again said, no. I get it's hard for some to accept, but really guys get a grip

Yes except that Payton's "I think I'll coach again" isn't as definitive as Madden's "I will not coach again," but semantics really and in the end I think most of us agree that it's (much) more likely than not that he'll go back to coaching eventually.
Most of us see exactly what you are saying , it is much more likely he will return to coaching and I will be ok with that. He gave me my dream as a Saints fan and would have had more Lombardi's without some blind officiating but that's been covered a plenty lol

Most of us see exactly what you are saying , it is much more likely he will return to coaching and I will be ok with that. He gave me my dream as a Saints fan and would have had more Lombardi's without some blind officiating but that's been covered a plenty lol
Hey, and I'll proudly pull against him in any and every game he'll ever coach in again once he makes me look like a fool for entertaining any other possibilities and he does actually turn around and take the Cowboys job after next season LOL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom