Sean Payton Interview On The Dan Patrick Show (1/27/2022) (1 Viewer)

Payton not being our coach IS football news and is probably discussed on all teams forums. Only Saints fans are combining that with an inferiority complex when it comes to the Cowboys. To be clear, I hate them too, but they aren’t better than us and I don’t envy them in any way. Well, except maybe that they drafted Parsons, but in no other way.
We don't have a QB or a coach. We ARE inferior at this point in time.

Their fans are watching other teams play just like ours are. Dak made a bone headed play to kill their playoff run and the head coach only just got “assurances” that he’d return. Besides, Payton said himself that any discussions of him coming back would have to go through Micky first or it would be tampering. I just don’t get the Dallas hysteria.
I guess that's my point: it's not hysteria. There are legitimate reasons why people are talking about it.

You’d think there would be discussion of him going to teams with actual vacancies, but there isn’t. It’s all Cowboys.
It's the Florio piece he's using to sell his book. A lot of Dallas fans doubt the authenticity of it because it would've meant Jerry was willing to fire Jason after they just won a playoff game.

I’m happy for Sean. He gave us 16 of the best years of being a Saints fan. If he wants to go do something else, I’m all for it. He didn’t want to be the head coach of the Saints any more. And while that sucks, we have to accept it and move on. And if (when) he goes back to coaching, I’ll be pulling against him with all my might (except when he plays the Falcons).

We gonna be all right folks.

I don't think you would like the answer. I think he's already said that he wants a new challenge. If he goes back to coaching, I doubt it would be here. Trying to relive your glory days almost never works out.
I'm just curious to how he would answer

Great interview. I see Sean really excited about the TV gig.

He can be the next Jimmy Johnson or Jon Gruden.

And another interesting angle, being on a national TV show will keep Sean a national profile and people may discover him and add or change to their perspective of him. Being on TV will increase his chances of getting to the Hall of Fame, that is free advertising for him. He could turn from a great NFL coach to a national figure.
Gruden wasn't anywhere as close to good as an announcer on TV as many think. He got that reputation at ESPN because he was slightly better than the other color guys they had at the time and they were horrible. The Best Play by play gut the had was Tirico and they let him get away to NBC. He is replacing Michaels for the Sunday games next year.

There's a possibility it's long COVID related. He's been infected twice. He was symptomatic the second time.

I personally know a few people that were infected in spring and summer of 2020 who are still suffering from constant physical fatigue, difficulty focusing, concentrating and thinking clearly.

If he's dealing with any of that, it would be difficult to be the head coach for an entire off season and season.
This could be quite pertinent in an individual who keeps his type of schedule. In addition to those fatigue and cognitive issues you mentioned I’ve seen people with the expected pulmonary issues but also cardiac problems particularly arrhythmia and disrupted sleep patterns.

But But But how can you say with any certainty? LMAO Like asking if water will be wet

And yes I am saying it with absolute certainty

Then why the sudden obsession with them. Everyone is so afraid that they’re being spurned for them that they aren’t even properly honoring CSPs time here. So much vitriol for something y’all made up in your head.
It's old hat. The Cowboys have been trying to poach Payton for years. He has a history with them. We've got a lot of history with them as Saints fans. Hardly new or surprising.

You’d think there would be discussion of him going to teams with actual vacancies, but there isn’t. It’s all Cowboys.
Well, none of the current vacancies are gonna matter to Payton. He's already said he most likely not going to coach in 22 anyway. If the Cowboys have another disappointing season next year, you know they'll be howling for Payton then. The media have tried to stir up the Payton to Cowboys rumors every. single. year.

He worked there for 3 years and here for 16 years. He chose to leave there for here. Outside of a handful of media reports at the beginning of every other offseason, there has been nothing to it. I don’t get the obsession.
It's really not obsession. It's fun offseason banter. If you take it seriously, you're doing it wrong.

Believe me, I’m all about offseason banter and participate in it. It’s the Cowboys element on SSF that I don’t understand one bit. I could understand if they were part of the old NFC West or something, but they weren’t.
Oh, I misunderstood. I thought you were referring to Saints fans. Carry on then. :9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom