Sean Payton is about as bad at clock management as they get (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
Who needs 1 minute and 10 seconds and two timeouts to go only 15 yards?

Especially the way we were passing the ball around like it was nobody's business.

I just don't get how a man making $7 million a year can't do something as simple as knowing when and when not to call timeouts.

It cost us 3 points and not to mention momentum for Carolina who has the ball to start the 2nd half.

Wasn't it Carolina that called the timeout?

They called the timeout when we got down to the 1 yard line.

You run 30 seconds off the clock down to the 40 second mark and then snap it. You still have 3 timeouts to do whatever you want to do offensively.

It's not rocket science.

Not his fault Lattimore blew the coverage after that and gave Carolina field position for a fg attempt. You score when you have the chance

Not his fault Lattimore blew the coverage after that and gave Carolina field position for a fg attempt. You score when you have the chance

No, just no.

On top of that we semi hurried to the line of scrimmage at the 1 causing Carolina to call timeout because they weren't ready for the next play. So even if we have enough sense to huddle for 15 seconds they most likely don't get that fg.

My God this isn't difficult, it really isn't.

No, just no.

On top of that we semi hurried to the line of scrimmage at the 1 causing Carolina to call timeout because they weren't ready for the next play. So even if we have enough sense to huddle for 15 seconds they most likely don't get that fg.

My God this isn't difficult, it really isn't.

I am glad for the win, but SP does make me think twice about his mind. But, I am happy that we won and glad that he is the Saints' coach.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/7yTqXVALy7Fwk" width="480" height="276" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/7yTqXVALy7Fwk">via GIPHY</a></p>

Granted the calling of timeouts is sometimes baffling. Without him though, Saints probably wouldn't have Drew Brees, a Super Bowl and other good things that have come our way. He gets a pass from me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom