Sean Payton Is About To Break Jim Mora's Wins Record (1 Viewer)

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Payton is at 91. Mora is at 93. A win Sunday brings him 1 shy of tying Mora. If they keep winning, he'll break it at home Vs L.A.
No coach in Saints history has made 100 wins.

That's great and all but I am 31-1 with Saints on Madden Connected Franchise right now. So..pretty sure I can beat them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's great and all but I am 31-1 with Saints on Madden Connected Franchise right now. So..pretty sure I can beat them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You just had to sim that one game didn't you?
hihi.gif

Last night I played online head to head for the first time in months and ******* lost 0-3 to the bears lol I suck.

Didn't see this one coming. Kinda puts in perspective how successful Mora was. We became an NFL team with him. All of a sudden we Expected to win a game. Love him or hate him, we won.

Didn't see this one coming. Kinda puts in perspective how successful Mora was. We became an NFL team with him. All of a sudden we Expected to win a game. Love him or hate him, we won.

I don't know how anyone else feels, but I consider the start of the Saints as a franchise to be Benson/Finks/Mora. That was the first sense of continuity crept into the team.
Honestly, I think Mora should've been in Ring of Honor by now.

If you count the post season , Payton has won 97 games as our head coach. That's unreal. He's coached in 10 post season games and won 6 of them. There was a time when us Saints fans dreamed of the day we'd win one post season game.

What Brees/Payton have brought to this franchise is unreal.

Payton is at 91. Mora is at 93. A win Sunday brings him 1 shy of tying Mora. If they keep winning, he'll break it at home Vs L.A.
No coach in Saints history has made 100 wins.

Actually they are the only two Saints coaches that even coached 100+ games. Haslett is 3rd with a total of 98 games.

Mora had some great teams, but even greater teams kept them out of SB contention. The 49ers, Cowboys, Packers... all NFC teams that regularly won 12-13 games.

Mora had some great teams, but even greater teams kept them out of SB contention. The 49ers, Cowboys, Packers... all NFC teams that regularly won 12-13 games.

The packers were actually a terrible team during that era ( 85-92) They didn't become good until 1994. The Cowboys didn't become relevant until 91

Payton is at 92. A win vs Detroit ties him with Mora.
And on a side note that I found interesting, Payton is now tied with Bill Walsh in NFL wins.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom