Sean Payton likes how Saints OL is playing, but knows big test coming (1 Viewer)

• Admin
By John Sigler | Saintswire

You can only go as far in the NFL as your offensive line can take you, and few teams appreciate that fact like the New Orleans Saints. Saints coach Sean Payton has made the position group a premium, spending multiple high draft picks (Andrus Peat in 2015, Ryan Ramczyk in 2017) and pricey free agent contracts (Terron Armstead in 2016, Larry Warford in 2017) to keep quarterback Drew Brees upright and breaking records.

Payton discussed the state of the offensive line during his Wednesday conference call before practice:

“I think it’s improved and I think whenever you have continuity at that position it helps. Andrus (Peat) is playing now. I feel like we have improved there, last week in particular. I like where we are at relative to the penalties. I think on the offensive line we’re one of the fewest penalized teams in football. There are always some little things you want to work on and this week will be a big test for us, but the continuity as you talked about is something that’s significant in our league.” ...

Full Story - Saintswire - USA Today

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom