Sean Payton Love - Sproles and Graham (1 Viewer)

El Chico

Rookie
Reaction score
I was just watching the 2011 highlights and it is amazing how open these two were during the season. Playcalling has a huge amount to do with their success. They are both dangerous offensive weapons that will lead the league at their respective positions next season. The Saints will lead the NFL in Offense (regardless of the "limp" Pistol). Let's just hope for a #15th rank 3-4 defense. WHO DAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then watch 2012. Defenses knew that sproles and Graham were our bread and butter, so they stopped us. It was not because of coaching. To be better next year, we need to work in more downfield wr passes.

Then watch 2012. Defenses knew that sproles and Graham were our bread and butter, so they stopped us. It was not because of coaching. To be better next year, we need to work in more downfield wr passes.

I agree more with this, I feel like the saints offense struggled more in Graham's rookie year (b4 he broke out) and then in Graham's second year, along with Sproles, opposing defenses had to re adjust. I think last year, defenses caught up with us again and the Saints will have to redefine how they attack on offense cuz it was simply a struggle...

Another great example of you're either getting better or you're getting worse.

I wonder what new wrinkle Payton will employ to get back to dominance...

I think one of SPs greatest strength is breaking down defenses and finding miss-matches. I think we missed him as much for that as anything. Someone else can call the plays on game day, but it's the game- planning that makes this team great.

"Stopped us"

Really?

Our biggest asset was spreading the ball around, the play calling defiantly has allot to do with that! Look no further than the Super Bowl game, the Colt's didn't know who to cover, we had 9 different people catching passes. It made a nightmare for DC's!

Huh? Drew lead the league in down field passing this year....matter of fact he was forci.g too many

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

The only reason our offense was slowed was because of the lack of a second deep threat to stretch the field. This offense needs two deep threats to really thrive.

If Jimmy Graham doesn't hold out next season.

Jimmy won't hold out. He won't get a new contract, he only needs to look at the Saints cap figure to know that, and we have good enough leadership in that locker-room that even if it was mentioned he'd be talked out of it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom