Sean Payton: 'My plan is to definitely be back here' (1 Viewer)

That's silly. Do you want him to sign it in blood? He said he plans to be back. Period. He cannot speak on behalf of Benson, Lauscha or Loomis, who all have the authority to make a change. His plans may not be their plans.

I agree he is saying that he definitely plans to be back unless something happens like mentioned above or maybe even health reasons.I don't what else you could ask for the only guarantees in life or death and taxes.

I agree he is saying that he definitely plans to be back unless something happens like mentioned above or maybe even health reasons.I don't what else you could ask for the only guarantees in life or death and taxes.

Somehow, I blame Saban for this. After his first denial about Alabama while he was the Dolphins coach ruined any definitive answer a coach can give to any question.

"Fake News" is not just relegated to the political arena. The sports media is over run with it and this is just another example. It is just headlines generated to get hits on links. Substance has no bearing. For example, why would SP only be linked to the Rams job? Why not the Bills, Chargers, Jags, or Broncos? Last year, there were several HC openings but the media was really hyping SP being linked to the Giants opening even suggesting that it would only cost the Giants a 2nd round pick. Where did that come from? It was invented boy the bloggers, whose headlines would then be picked up by the anchors at eSPN and FSN, all to generate ratings.

One can make the case the media is specifically using big market teams to generate more hits on the links and higher ratings. It is totally aggravating.

I think you're absolutely right. Just like the kids in Moldavia, when you make up click bait nonsense you go after the audience that will give you the biggest amount of clicks. That's why it always involves at least one big market team. It's unlikely you're ever going to read an unsubstantiated headline that involves just the Saints and Jaguars.

Absolutely he's staying , he wouldn't get away with second rate football anywhere else. 3- 7-9 seasons in a row

Just wish he wouldn't have used the words "my plan". :scared:

It just doesn't sound like what fans want to hear. :covri:

Well, he can't say he'll "definitely" be back -- because theoretically, he doesn't make that call. The ownership and the front office makes that call. So it's more logical for him to say "my plan" is to return because it communicates to the fan base that he isn't waiting around entertaining overtures from other teams, he's continuing with his task/plan to rebuild the Saints to a contender.

"My plan" was intended to quell the fears of unsettled fans.

Now, plans do change, but I think Sean is saying that he's committed to the Saints and his mission of returning us to upper-tier status.

Rapoport is covering his tracks now by saying the Rams were not willing to give up a lot in compensation, but that the Saints wanted a lot. Wasn't he the one who said his "source" said the Saints would not ask for much in compensation to let Payton go? Maybe Rapoport should go work for the National Enquirer or Star magazine as they do not require any proof or accountability either.

Ian will never be Adam Schefter. Adam only speculates here and there. He at least cleared up his whole Jimmy G thing by saying it's his opinion that's where they'd start, not that the Patriots are telling him anything or that he knows.. he's just been doing this long enough to have a feel for where they'd probably start the conversation.

That being said, these "insiders" are good about breaking deals when it's in the works. They're a little less good when it comes to speculation of things. However, Adam is better at tea leave reading and doesn't do it too terribly much. Ian seems to be a horoscope writer, and due to the language he uses, I really do wonder if he knows things sometimes or just knows the statement will make good copy. Or, he twists things out of context to create a story.. meaning, his ability to read the tea leaves isn't very good. I put LieConfora in that same grouping. They tend to twist partial truths to create some level of fear/worry.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom