Sean Payton not in Madden 25 [merged] (1 Viewer)

Gutsysleeper

Reaction score
What's the deal? I was expecting to see him back after being suspended in last years version. Now we have some old guy, sort of resembling Parcells. I know it's no big deal but just wondering if there is a specific reason?

Jackavelli

Sarang Upso
Reaction score
Not sure if true but read he is not in coaches union anymore. Patriots coach is not in union.

Maybe union is wrong word , whatever it is that all the coaches except patriots coach falls under

EA Sports, which produces the game, says it has a licensing contract with the NFL Coaches Association. It pays the NFLCA for the use of the coaches’ name and/or likeness, according to an EA Sports spokeswoman. The NFLCA then doles the money back to its members, according to the association.

all2neat

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Hopefully this is something they patch. I remember when the NBA basketball games were released after the Sonics became the Thunder they companies had to release a patch to get the correct court design and stuff out.

Hopeless

All-Pro
Reaction score
its been the same with with belicheck for years, and payton for the past couple years. neither of them are part of the coaches association / union. therefore when EA acquires the license to use player names and coaches names every year, the nfl/unions arent able to license belicheck or payton's names or likenesses.

theyd have to invidividually license both of them, which i have a feeling neither are interested in.

Danleco

Travelin' Again
Reaction score
Its cool. I like our new generic old chubby white guy coach. Seeing him "chat" with Drew on the sidelines was hilarious.

Looks a bit like Wade Phillips.

ELLIASJWILLIAMS

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure if true but read he is not in coaches union anymore. Patriots coach is not in union.

Maybe union is wrong word , whatever it is that all the coaches except patriots coach falls under

EA Sports, which produces the game, says it has a licensing contract with the NFL Coaches Association. It pays the NFLCA for the use of the coaches’ name and/or likeness, according to an EA Sports spokeswoman. The NFLCA then doles the money back to its members, according to the association.
^^ is your answer.

Won't be patched in....hes not apart of the union and neither is Belichick who also doesn't show up in Madden...and hasn't for a # of years now.

Hes just NE Coach...and now hes joined by NO Coach

Nolan

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
^^ is your answer.

Won't be patched in....hes not apart of the union and neither is Belichick who also doesn't show up in Madden...and hasn't for a # of years now.

Hes just NE Coach...and now hes joined by NO Coach
AKA.. Dusty McDonald :hihi:

billinms

Tiptoeing Through the Tulips
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Guess I'll have to boycott Madden 25, which will be easy because I also boycotted the last 24.

Brennan77

Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the explanation. I was pretty upset over it.

LOONEY

gulf war vet
Reaction score
its been the same with with belicheck for years, and payton for the past couple years. neither of them are part of the coaches association / union. therefore when EA acquires the license to use player names and coaches names every year, the nfl/unions arent able to license belicheck or payton's names or likenesses.

theyd have to invidividually license both of them, which i have a feeling neither are interested in.
well coach is in madden 2012 so this must be something new i was playing it monday

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom