Sean Payton on ESPN First Take Now! (1 Viewer)

Coach Pete .. coach Pete where are you!

Hey Latt - does Coach Pete have to walk on water? Way before anybody even hinted Kamara being traded, Coach Pete broke that. Now SP is admitting this publicly. But this could also be SP trying to position Kamara to take a lower offer than he expects

Hey Latt - does Coach Pete have to walk on water? Way before anybody even hinted Kamara being traded, Coach Pete broke that. Now SP is admitting this publicly. But this could also be SP trying to position Kamara to take a lower offer than he expects

SP didn't admit anything remotely close to Pete's claims. All he said was that it's 3 guys that they need to work on taking care of, not just Kamara.

Some big checks have to be written or guys are walking. He was clear that all three QB's wont be back. No idea on Drew's cap impact if he were to take a pay cut. Sounded to me like some churn about to occur. Good interview.

SP didn't admit anything remotely close to Pete's claims. All he said was that it's 3 guys that they need to work on taking care of, not just Kamara.

It won’t silence the Kamara trade rumors. We shall see what happens. Decisions need to happen soon.

This is a lie by the way. Payton didn't say anything remotely disrespectful about Kamara. Payton complimented all three players. Part of the reason I hate Twitter.

I think that the biggest take home is that it certainly sounds like Payton is planning to eventually have Taysom Hill as our franchise QB. At least in the first segment, there really wasn't a mention of Bridgewater. It certainly looks like Brees will be back if he wants...but either way, Taysom will be a Saint next season. If that is the case, I'd be surprised if doesn't get a 1st round tender.

Last edited:
It won’t silence the Kamara trade rumors. We shall see what happens. Decisions need to happen soon.
I wouldn't be surprised if we trade Kamara. Kind of reminds me when Sproles had an off year (or was it two) and we gave up on him too early. I could see that repeating itself unfortunately. Kamara also looking for Zack Elliot $ though. I saw an interview this week where he said Zach set the bar.

I wouldn't be surprised if we trade Kamara. Kind of reminds me when Sproles had an off year (or was it two) and we gave up on him too early. I could see that repeating itself unfortunately. Kamara also looking for Zack Elliot $ though. I saw an interview this week where he said Zach set the bar.
He may have set the bar but that typically doesn't mean anything to the Saints. They seem to set a number and go from there. I can't see them paying a RB who's part of a RBBC $15/year or anything close to it. If he thinks he can get that, he'll likely be moved or just play out his contract here. Teams who pay RBs QB money usually regret it.

Two theories.

1. The Saints already have a deal in place to retain Hill, they just can't make it official until Free Agency starts.

2. The Saints want to put a first or second round tender on Hill and hope a team bites.

To champion Hill like this when he isn't even under contract... it is either a huge smoke screen or they have a done deal.

He may have set the bar but that typically doesn't mean anything to the Saints. They seem to set a number and go from there. I can't see them paying a RB who's part of a RBBC $15/year or anything close to it. If he thinks he can get that, he'll likely be moved or just play out his contract here. Teams who pay RBs QB money usually regret it.
Bingo. Gurley and David Johnson are 2 of the highest paid RBs with Elliott. How’d they do this last year?

Two theories.

1. The Saints already have a deal in place to retain Hill, they just can't make it official until Free Agency starts.

2. The Saints want to put a first or second round tender on Hill and hope a team bites.

To champion Hill like this when he isn't even under contract... it is either a huge smoke screen or they have a done deal.
I feel like it is selection 2 why would you promote someone like that if they aren’t even contract. Wouldn’t you keep more hush hush about it?

I don't often believe that an undrafted 30 year old quarterback with 13 career NFL pass attempts is the future quarterback of my franchise, but when I do, I make sure to drive up his value as much as possible right before I have to enter negotiations with him as a free agent.

Where's it being rumored aside from the Coach Pete thread?

Well I did find this, his new agent hates Nola

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom