Sean Payton on loss to Falcons (1 Viewer)

mvtrucking

Administrator
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
snews.gif

Full Story – NewOrleansSaints.Com

Opening Statement:

"Obviously, it's a disappointing loss. Credit Atlanta, they did the things, obviously, that were necessary to win this this game. I think many of the things we had to do, or felt like we needed to do to give ourselves a chance to win, we weren't able to do that. It’s disappointing and obviously frustrating.”

On the punt return early on from a momentum standpoint:

“It's a terrible play. Fair catch, the hammer is going down, he (De’Vante Harris) has to avoid the contact. It’s two mistakes, runs into the returner and tries to pick the ball up. It was bad. That is two weeks in a row now that we got a play in special teams that resulted in seven points. Our margin for error isn’t that, the worst thing that can happen to us is the game finished and we don't know how we lost. It's our job, my job, it starts with me, as coaches to make sure we understand and re- correct things that keep us from even having a chance to win a game. Obviously, you are getting the ball back up seven (if there isn’t a turnover on the punt play) so it was a significant play. Not real smart.”

By New Orleans Saints.Com

Full Story – NewOrleansSaints.Com

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom