Sean Payton on loss to Giants (1 Viewer)

mvtrucking

Administrator
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
snews.gif

Full Story – NewOrleansSaints.Com

Q: Opening Statement

A: It’s a disappointing game to lose. I thought, and I just told our team this, that we did a number of things really well with the plan coming in. I thought defensively to come away with the three takeaways, I thought there were a lot of good things. In a hard fought game like that, when it’s that close, when you have a blocked field goal that results in a touchdown, it’s a ten-point swing. That’s tough to overcome something like that when you’re playing a game that ended up being maybe a little bit different than many expected and yet it was the kind of game that we felt like we needed to play. Credit New York for making enough plays in the end and getting a win.

Q: Did the tempo of this game surprise you at all? [defense stepping up]

A: I think both teams defensively played much better than a year ago. Our third down numbers weren’t real good offensively. In the time of possession, there was a little bit of concern for me early because of the heat. I felt like our defense in that first half was getting quite a few snaps, but, yeah, it was an entirely different game.

By New Orleans Saints.Com

Full Story – NewOrleansSaints.Com

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom