Humor Sean Payton On New Orleans Cuisine (1 Viewer)

Working in St.Louis in '86, wanted a taste of home so rolled into Popeyes. They asked me if I wanted spicy or mild- first time I ever heard that! I told the chick if I wanted mild I wouldn't be at Popeyes.

Wondering if he is upset with Mickey or Saints. He is bashing NOLA food (when he raved about it when he was here), publicly mocking the CJGJ trade and raiding all the young coordinators immediately.
After this long and all the indicators, no one wanted to accept that the guy is very flawed, very ego maniac and a lot about himself and his ways. I mean you always knew he was petty and holds a grudge...

Yes he was the best coach the Saints ever had. And for all the positives there were enough negatives to shoot you in the foot in the end. Should have been evident from the vicodin moment, the Greenbriar BS, Miss WV, the refusal to address his cronies dragging down the defense, jettisoning Spagnoulo in favor of crony opinion, inability to co-exist with GW, way he treated Rob Ryan. He's a great offensive coach. Great men often have great flaws and he's got em.

Probably the first time I've heard anyone say our food is "overrated".

Really makes you wonder, what changed? Aside from Brees retiring and the cap being wrecked. Did Mickey get in his feelings when he found out SP was stepping out on him with Miami? We've seen times when someone steps down only to find out years later that they were pushed out the door or things became toxic.
The more I think about it and as things are developing.. the more I think the Saints were done with Sean. The Miami thing says a a lot about how he must've outworn his welcome in NOLA. The fact that he was visiting several teams looking for a place to land so fast and suddenly had that itch to coach again after he said he was burned out less than 2 years ago just never added up to me. I live in Denver and I was listening to KOA radio on my way home from work tonight and a lot of current and former players, as well as fans of the Donkeys are mad that they gave up so much draft capital for Wilson and Payton... should be interesting to see this all unfold.

The more I think about it and as things are developing.. the more I think the Saints were done with Sean. The Miami thing says a a lot about how he must've outworn his welcome in NOLA. The fact that he was visiting several teams looking for a place to land so fast and suddenly had that itch to coach again after he said he was burned out less than 2 years ago just never added up to me. I live in Denver and I was listening to KOA radio on my way home from work tonight and a lot of current and former players, as well as fans of the Donkeys are mad that they gave up so much draft capital for Wilson and Payton... should be interesting to see this all unfold.
They should be mad about the Russ trade...he's a fake superstar and the Broncos brass got straight up duped into it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom