Humor Sean Payton On New Orleans Cuisine (1 Viewer)

Pandering.

But unnecessarily so. I am not sure what it is going on. I guess Impastasto's will rename its Veal Payton and Redfish Payton dishes.

And I have to think it is just a matter of time before Payton sells his condo in the Four Seasons if he hasn't already done so.

Payton is financially involved in multiple New Orleans area businesses and charities and will continue to be. He is/was in New Orleans multiple times a month during his "sabbatical". That will slow down now that he's a Head Coach again for a different team, but don't be shocked at all when you see/hear about Payton sightings in New Orleans in the future.

Also...

1. OP is likely posting this in humor, there is no sauce.

2. Payton has always been a villain. It was just he was our villain. Now the shoe is on the other foot.

3. We all know Payton is going to retire and go into the Hall of Fame for what he did in New Orleans.

He eats mayonnaise right out of the jar.
Who doesn’t?
He's also big on black olives and mayonnaise so he's the last person that needs to be critiquing food.
Yum!
^^this right here^^

He's saying what a lot of folks in his shoes would. He's pandering to his new audience.

It won't be that long before his tired schemes don't work in the AFC west. That's a tough division right now, with some very good QB play. When he came here, he tossed more than half the team, and the #2 overall pick netted him what EVERYONE thought was the #1 player available. He's not gonna have the shock value there that he did here.
I’m as excited to watch Denver’s games as I am ours. At least for next season.
You don’t?
Right?

Since we're doing this, here's a trip down memory lane I stumbled upon and could have done without. Things change, though, I understand that...

“I’ve said this before, and I understand the interest and certainly the skepticism if you will, but this is where I plan on coaching and I don’t envision myself ever coaching for any other club,” Sean Payton said during his opening lines. You could just tell by the look in his eye (a look I haven’t seen from him in a long time) that coaching another team was never even a thought.

[...]

“This is where I want to be. I mean you’re here not because we are here long enough, but we built something and created something. I think in the beginning it was a lot more than football, and maybe that is what separates it, because it wasn’t just about wins and losses in 2006.”

Sean Payton is attached to the city of New Orleans.

Yeah, but...

when SP talks about NOLA now, he moves his hands like this...

Last edited:
SP was asked about the food in New Orleans and he responded, "I think it's overrated. Too rich for me. Too much going on. Too spicy. I'm more of a plain meat and potatoes guy myself. Next question."

Edit: This info came from Lawn Guy Dave so take it with a grain of salt. Or Tony's.
He’s back!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom