Sean Payton On The Rich Eisen Show (11/25) (1 Viewer)

Awesome thanks OP!!

Rich also updated his mid-season Super Bowl pick to us but has us losing to the Chiefs.

Interesting part for me was that Coach was watching film of someone else on the Packers in preseason that he expected to be cut and become available when he first saw Taysom.
For those that didn't catch it, that receiver was Max McCaffery, who is former Broncos WR Ed McCaffery's son and Christian's older brother.

Great interview, but Payton usually gives great interviews, at times of surprising length, to those in the national media.

I confess some irritation over how Payton treats local reporters compared to the access he gives to those in the national media. Sean doesn't need the locals so he too often treats them with indifference and occasionally with disdain. But he does care about what the national people say so he courts them.

But yes, great interview because Payton is articulate, insightful and bright, and when he wants to be courteous and funny.

Great interview, but Payton usually gives great interviews, at times of surprising length, to those in the national media.

I confess some irritation over how Payton treats local reporters compared to the access he gives to those in the national media. Sean doesn't need the locals so he too often treats them with indifference and occasionally with disdain. But he does care about what the national people say so he courts them.

But yes, great interview because Payton is articulate, insightful and bright, and when he wants to be courteous and funny.
I think that’s just a by product of where the Saints are in the national consciousness.
If this was prior to 2004, I think his demeanor would be different.
But the Saints are a national team now. Payton has to deal with national reporters.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom