Sean Payton pleased with ‘quick study’ Teddy Bridgewater (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1537959638084.png

By James Parks | 247 Sports

Drew Brees is still well in charge of the quarterback position in New Orleans, if his performance last week in Atlanta is any indication, but with the veteran turning 40 in January, the Saints are starting to take a look at who could possibly replace him, already making a serious move in that direction by acquiring Teddy Bridgewater.

The Saints handed the Jets a third round draft pick in exchange for the 25 year old quarterback during the preseason, and so far, his coach says the prospect is coming along right on schedule.

“He’s doing well,” head coach Sean Payton said recently. “I’m pleased. He’s a quick study and I think the [quarterback] room’s doing well. I think right away, you can tell he got comfortable with what we’re calling things, protections.”

Payton said that Bridgewater is “absolutely” the Saints’ top backup quarterback, leaving Taysom Hill as the third string option and current wild card offensive feature to be used on special teams as a coverage option, return man, and the occasional running back, as he was in the Falcons game in Week 3. ...

Full Story - 247 Sports

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom