Sean Payton Reveals Which Player Saints Wanted to Trade Up for in NFL Draft (2 Viewers)

I don´t know... you have to take with a grain of salt everything that´s said in public. For all we know, Saints are saying that they were targeting Horn (and no one else) because they don't want to "offend" the players they have in-house. Watching the interview, you can tell Payton didn't completely commit to the Horn at all costs narrative. He said they wanted to trade up, but couldn't be 100 % sure that Horn would be there. Thus, if they really wanted to trade up, is because they had several players in their mind.
Yeah...his answer was very vague. He seems to try to pick his words carefully.

Horn looks amazingly average. He played against trash qb’s. I am not sold on him. He makes some good decisions and great speed to make plays but nfl wr’s won’t drop those passes
His stock probably rose over Surtain's only because of Kyle Pitt's comment that he was the toughest corner he faced.

Yeah. He pretty much does every year after the draft. Lol.
And most of the time, our favorite players leak. Payton couldn't shut up about Mahomes on the golf course lol

So while every year it seems there's a small debate that the Saints will always go with BPA with their picks, this shows that they are not afraid to address needs, and be aggressive doing so.

Who did the Niners draft? You said they could be trading up for a CB or PItts after spending a total of 3 1st rounders to move up. That is what everyone disagreed with and you continued to contend that made sense. Did the Saints give up their 1st and 2 more 1sts? If they wanted to, I am sure they would have had a partner for a trade.
Wasn't that the rumor?

They would've had to have surrendered a king's ransom to get that High and just like I told you, the 9ers were never gonna take Jones or Fields over Lance.

Marinate on that for a while.🤣👌

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom