Sean Payton said Saints will hold draft from the Dixie Brewing headquarters MERGED (1 Viewer)

Ironic thing is people will want to distance themselves from Payton, but once he's fully recovered and no longer infectious, he's the safest person to be around since until the virus changes significantly, he'd be immune.
Is there absolute proof you can’t catch it again? We are not close to figuring this thing out. Anyway I thought this distance thing was at least to April 30th? Now the CDC is discussing everyone wearing some sort of protection or mask on face.

Update: I see they are spacing out. I feel better.

They have already begun pre-draft meetings from the location. Only four people are in the room during the process (Loomis, Ireland, Payton and the fourth isn't identified) - and disinfecting and distancing will be followed. In addition, the draft team will not be in physical contact with their families. The scouting and front office staff, and assistant coaches will be available by video conference.

Sounds good but with technical support, meals, etc., there will be others around and let's just hope this all works out. Looks to be about as good as you can do under these circumstances.

1585881335297.png

Drafting from a brewery?

The New Orleans Saints' decision to relocate their draft war room to a brewery owned by team owner Gayle Benson surely raised some eyebrows in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic, but Saints coach Sean Payton – recently recovered after contracting the COVID-19 virus – staunchly defends the arrangement as a solid option.

The war room, which the team began using on Wednesday for draft meetings, is situated in upstairs office space at the Dixie Brewery, located in a remote area of New Orleans.

“We might have the safest setup in the league for these meetings,” Payton texted to USA TODAY Sports on Thursday. “Remote location. Nobody here!”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...raft-brewery-war-room-sean-payton/5117681002/

For the first time in my life, I was going to be doing something FOR and with the Saints org (cooking for the draft party @Dixie Brewery). Its been a lifelong dream to be involved WITH the Saints. Of course, COVID has shut down my work at Dixie just before my dad passed and all this.
Wish I could say its bittersweet that they are holding this where I will (hopefully) be returning to work in a month.
But, sad to say(literally), I cant help but to just feel bitter.
Some day...

Not anymore. Goodell just announced every team has to do it from home.

Ironic thing is people will want to distance themselves from Payton, but once he's fully recovered and no longer infectious, he's the safest person to be around since until the virus changes significantly, he'd be immune.
Almost makes me want to kiss him! :scratch:

If Dixie is in New Orleans East and the Saints practice facility is in Metairie, I don't see an issue. It's nowhere near the Saints' official facilities.

But, clearly, it is the "if someone gets sick and lawyers have to be involved" CYA message.

Should be okay. They would be in Draft headquarters. :mwink:
Oh well, "fully virtual" seems quite clear.

NFL memo from Goodell just said clubs need to do it to where team personnel are located separately in their homes. Wonder if that will put a kabosh on the Dixie brewery plan.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom