Sean Payton said they had Markus Wheaton as a target (1 Viewer)

60minutes

Camp Body
Reaction score
But he got taken and John Jenkins was the other guy they had high. Wheaton is a guy I have liked for months and one who I thought could fit well with us, especially once we did not get a WR early.

It makes me wonder if we will be interested in Quinton Patton. He doesn't have Wheaton's speed. Wheaton is a Mike Wallace clone IMO and ironically went to the Steelers. But Patton is very solid, maybe a more well-rounded WR.

Saints wanted Markus Wheaton

Three magnets right in a row, first was OT, then John then WR Wheaton from pitt.
Wheaton(WR)- really liked form Pittsburgh.

He was selected during talks with Jets so they really wanted to get in and get Jenkins.

Graded these as middle to middle back of second rd.

Also Payton says WR Markus Wheaton was a possibility when trade talks started to move back up in the 3rd. This leads me to think that we will target Marqiess Wilson or Da'Rick Rogers Tomorrow

For some reason I was holding onto hope for Ryan Swope... BIG dependable WR with sneaky 4.3 speed. He'll be gone by the time we're on the clock though.

Marcus Wheaton and the Saints offense.

Ahh, one can dream.

What?! A WR?! We don't need no stinkin WR's!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Saints">#Saints</a> Payton said they started today with cloud of 7-9 guys. All the bottom guys fell but top 3 stayed: Armstead, Jenkins, WR M.Wheaton...</p>&mdash; Mike Triplett (@MikeTriplett) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeTriplett/status/327979323711696896">April 27, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I've been saying this for months ... we need someone. Marcus Wheaton would've been cool, but I'm glad we got Jenkins.

Back in January, when I thought an edge rusher like Dion Jordan or Barkevious Mingo could be there for us at #15, I liked Patton and Wheaton. When I figured that those guys would be gone, I turned my attention to Austin and Patterson. Then Austin moved up and Patterson made sense for a while but begin to fall again after some poor interviews.

That said, Patton makes too much sense. Austin had a 20 yard shuttle time of 4.01 seconds. Patton had the same time so you know that you are getting a player who is very quick. He does not have the best straight-line speed but he is deceptively fast. The analysts for NFL.com liken him to Reggie Wayne. I think whoever gets him will get a steal. Quinton Patton Draft Profile

Back in January, when I thought an edge rusher like Dion Jordan or Barkevious Mingo could be there for us at #15, I liked Patton and Wheaton. When I figured that those guys would be gone, I turned my attention to Austin and Patterson. Then Austin moved up and Patterson made sense for a while but begin to fall again after some poor interviews.

That said, Patton makes too much sense. Austin had a 20 yard shuttle time of 4.01 seconds. Patton had the same time so you know that you are getting a player who is very quick. He does not have the best straight-line speed but he is deceptively fast. The analysts for NFL.com liken him to Reggie Wayne. I think whoever gets him will get a steal. Quinton Patton Draft Profile

Man, it's time to update your signature dream draft. :)

Colston was drafted in 7th round, and Lance Moore was drafted in 5th I believe so there is still a cap me for a top guy, especially when Brees is your QB!

It will all depend on the board. Reiprish will be looking for value, and will get a player that had a 3rd round grade or higher, no matter the position.

And I got to say, there are still several prospects available.

its a bit of a shame to now have less picks in the mid rounds as it is a great draft for mid round prospects but it was a good day

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom