Sean Payton: Saints and Broncos worked hard to agree on compensation for me (1 Viewer)

Loomis did they best they could on this one. He got his butt handed to him a couple times by Philly but this one isn’t his fault. Again, I can bash Mickey a bunch but this isn’t one of them.

It’s hilarious to me how the Broncos are leaking to the media how they want the public to view how it went down.

The Broncos didn’t have other options. Harbaugh didn’t want them. Ryans didn’t want them. Quinn literally chose returning to be a DC over them.

I don’t doubt Loomis started high. That’s how all negotiations work. But Denver media reporting it like they played hardball to negotiate it down is hilarious.

This was always how it was going to end.

Y’all don’t get it. Gayle chose Brees over Payton. That was the end.

This could be true. I think Payton left because we went all in during Brees window, and it's time to rebuild. Payton wants none of that.

I do remember the report that Brady was coming to New Orleans, and then Brees decided to come back for one last year. If we picked Brady, the most probable outcome is Brady would have still retired this year. Payton wouldn't have much time left on his contract. He would still bolt for a team with a QB/cap space.

One thing I like about this video timeline is you can tell how Denver (and maybe Payton) tried to manipulate the Saints via the media. Triplett sniffed it out, which you can tell about halfway through.

This could be true. I think Payton left because we went all in during Brees window, and it's time to rebuild. Payton wants none of that.

I do remember the report that Brady was coming to New Orleans, and then Brees decided to come back for one last year. If we picked Brady, the most probable outcome is Brady would have still retired this year. Payton wouldn't have much time left on his contract. He would still bolt for a team with a QB/cap space.
So he goes to the Broncos who mortgaged their future for a QB in his mid 30s and then gave away more draft capital to land Payton? He has a bigger rebuild there so I'm not getting that narrative. I guess time will tell but I have my doubts about that franchise's leadership.

IMHO, I think he wanted a break. He had a year to recharge his batteries so to speak and then he got the itch to get back in.

And I also believe he wanted a change of scenery.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom