Saints Sean Payton Says We Are NOT Resting Starters Sunday (1 Viewer)

I guess I’m in the minority here, but I fully expect the starters to play an entire half and some of the 3rd, especially if it’s a close game.
I think this is probably what happens. Guys that are a little banged up will sit, but healthy starters will play a decent amount. Not that it's necessarily what I would do, but I think that's what Payton is going to do

To me this isn't that hard to figure out.

1. Coach's comment they will treat this game like any other game. - I believe him. I expect they will prepare and come out on the field for pregame, etc just like any other game. And they will be serious about it as well.
2. Drew's comments they will play to win. Of course they say this - can you imaging if he said no we plan to lose this game on purpose?

Once the game starts I fully expect a serious effort by the backup's. Not much more complicated than that.

Thanks for posting this. It really does demonstrate the genius of Teddy Bridgewater. Look over Drew's right shoulder into Teddy's locker. Why it's a copy of Teddy's girlfriend's book "Little Bear Teddy". I have to believe that there is another copy facing the other way should the cameras at Brees's locker be oriented differently. Teddy knows media.

I’m sure they will start and be filtered out. One thing I will say though, is this is something that happened to LA last year that I mentioned back then. You habd to be weary of how you manage your locker room, players and routines. Even with two weeks until our next important game it will be essential to keep our players in a mental and physical routine as to not come out flat.

LAR is a clear cut case of coming out flat by sitting guys two weeks last year.

I would expect to see us start everyone for atleast 1 quarter I would almost guess it could be the first half
The first thing Payton said walking up to the mic after beating the Cardinals on the way to winning XLIV?

"So much for rust."

We sat guys for two solid weeks that year and if Payton thinks that's best, he'll do it again. Saul Goodman.

Vegas doesn’t know who is and isn’t resting any more than fans who follow the team closely do.

I think this “Vegas knows” thing has become a myth. Most of their lines are built on a power rating system and can shift a point here or there to attract closer to a 50% split on each side.

"Vegas" opening lines are based on the LVSC power rating system. But then the big bookies make adjustments off that line to squeeze as much vig as they can. So you can see different lines depending on where you bet. If you use some illegal small bookie, you might see a big difference like 2-3 points.

"Vegas" opening lines are based on the LVSC power rating system. But then the big bookies make adjustments off that line to squeeze as much vig as they can. So you can see different lines depending on where you bet. If you use some illegal small bookie, you might see a big difference like 2-3 points.

Right. That’s what I mean by the notion that “Vegas knows” something no one else does is off.

It’s a phrase that drives me nuts when a game that’s projected as a 3-point spread ends 27-24, but then five other games with 3-point spreads that end as double digit misses are all ignored. There isn’t any inside info or clairvoyance there. It’s based on ratings and slight adjustments.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom