Saints Sean Payton Says We Are NOT Resting Starters Sunday (1 Viewer)

rodgepodge9

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I've seen many posts about who will rest etc. I fully expect people that NEED rest (like Armstead) will get it ... however according to USAToday Panthers article...

"Even though his team has secured the No. 1 seed in the NFC, coach Sean Payton told reporters unequivocally that he is going to treat it like any other game and will not be resting his starters.
Saints coach Sean Payton was very specific on today's teleconference on how he'll approach Week 17's season finale against the Panthers when it came to starters. Quotes attached: pic.twitter.com/rSaPrQM3Xg
— Herbie Teope (@HerbieTeope) December 24, 2018

Unless Payton is being duplicitous, we should expect to see Drew Brees, Alvin Kamara, Michael Thomas and the rest of the team that beat the Panthers 12-9 a couple of weeks ago on Monday night."

im thinking brees/kamara/thomas/ingram play a series or two, maybe a quarter and get pulled. armstead sits. bridgewater plays qb for most of the game. latt plays a series or two. jordan the same. davis the same. get hendrickson and roberston and crawley some playing time.

I interpret to mean they will treat the prep and up thru KO as a normal game. Then wholesale sub's will be seen.

I expect certain players to rest, ones that are in need of it. I also expect Payton to play the starters up until he’s satisfied with their performance. If they get a opening drive TD and are playing well on offense then he’ll pull them. If not, another drive it is

I also must add, that I don't really love this idea. I was scanning the field for down bodies almost every play in the Steelers game after Ram got hurt early on

I take that to mean he wants, (No. 1) 14 wins, (No. 2) another Panthers sweep, (No. 3) Drew to get 8 more yards .... if at all possible. I don't think he'd try to go for that at all costs but I bet he wants it. We do.

Plus, he wants to keep the players sharp. Too easy to go into a "we got this" mode.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom