Saints Sean Payton Says We Are NOT Resting Starters Sunday (1 Viewer)

He said something the other day when he got all mad about being asked for the 4th time in less than 24 hours if he'd be resting starters that we've still got to dress 46 guys to play the game and that means some starters will be playing.

I'm sure Brees will play no more than a series or two and any/everyone else who's achieved stud status or is banged up with something that rest will actually help will play as little as possible.

I’m sure they will start and be filtered out. One thing I will say though, is this is something that happened to LA last year that I mentioned back then. You habd to be weary of how you manage your locker room, players and routines. Even with two weeks until our next important game it will be essential to keep our players in a mental and physical routine as to not come out flat.

LAR is a clear cut case of coming out flat by sitting guys two weeks last year.

I would expect to see us start everyone for atleast 1 quarter I would almost guess it could be the first half

I guess I’m in the minority here, but I fully expect the starters to play an entire half and some of the 3rd, especially if it’s a close game.

Herbie needs to go back to school and take a reading class. Nowhere does Payton say he won't be resting starters. He simply refuses to answer reporters' questions about whether he's resting starters, which is a big difference. I'll be surprised if Brees, Kamara, Thomas, Jordan, Rankins, and Davis play. Payton will have to play most of the offensive linemen b/c Armstead and Bushrod are out, but he'll play Clapp and Tom as much as possible.

Keep routine over just calling it in. Can’t disagree, but I’d rather see Bridgewater and Trex over Brees and Jordan.
Yeah, I remember in 2010 when the Saints"just called it in" and didn't play the game fullout. Some starters got hurt and couldn't play in the playoff game, and the Saints lost the game They also lost the playoff game. That isn't the only reason they lost but it didn't help.

im thinking brees/kamara/thomas/ingram play a series or two, maybe a quarter and get pulled. armstead sits. bridgewater plays qb for most of the game. latt plays a series or two. jordan the same. davis the same. get hendrickson and roberston and crawley some playing time.

My thoughts exactly. Drew gets to 4000 passing yards and then starters sit. Treat it like a pre season game.

I'm giving you a thumbs up for simply using the word duplicitous. :giggle:

Really wish I could take credit for that one, but its from the USA Today article.

Maybe it's worth at least a 'meh' since I did post it without looking up the meaning! ;)

I don't know why people keep including Ingram in the list of starters to rest. He's only played 11 games, I'd say keep him in there and give Teddy a legitimate running game to help him out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom