Sean Payton Show (1 Viewer)

I liked it. A nice change of pace and I don't want coach Payton pointing out all the nuances of our plays anyway, let our opponents work for their info. I liked the up beat style and thought it was well done.

True, when he was dissecting the Colston TD, I said, 'don't tell them what we do'. But I'm sure the Eagles and everyone else could see that easily. And still won't be able to stop it.

Great show!

I loved the guys who think that LSU players are the only players to win the Heisman.

Question: "Who was the first Heisman trophy winner to be drafted by the Saints?"
Answer #1: "Eric Martin"
Answer #2: "Dalton Hilliard"

Very funny

Not much to learn on that show! I'm sure some will find it enjoyable, but it leaves me wanting more. I whish Payton would spend more time as a coach and less time as a glamorous host.

Thanks as usual St Chadwick!

St Chadwick, thanks alot! As said many times previous, you provide something excellent for out of towners!

Thanks Chadwick, you are the man. And the chick, who's married to a SR guy (right?) does a fine job.

Now, that being said, this show makes my skin crawl. I experienced a disconnect. I felt like someone had broken open 200 old school mercury thermometers and dumped the contents down my throat, and I must now be soaked in a heavy metal leaching solution to remove it from my blood.

IMHO, as head coach of an NFL team, it just looks wrong for Payton to be the "talent." You know, the cheesy host with the prepared script who has to stand with just the right TV posture in the right spot, make inane comments to his co-host, give that bogus TV smile and stare blankly into the camera every 10 seconds, etc etc etc. It's like he's playing a part, comes across phony.

Payton is defying the football gods here. A true NFL coach must appear on his show AS HIMSELF. You can't be all tight-lipped and all business at your press conference, then come on your show and act like Regis Philbin. You are there to POLITELY TOLERATE the host, not feed her segue-way banter! We want cliche's like "one game at a time" and "those mistakes are things we can clean up during the week," not "This is a little segment we call: Kids say the darndest things at the Dome."

I understand he probly wants to sharpen his TV skills so he can jump right in to become a commentator when he retires from coaching, but......jeez. Did I really write 4 paragraphs about the Sean Payton Show?

See, i think this is Coach Payton being himself. He'd not a Vince Lombardi or Tom Coughlin type of personality. Thankfully.

well i think its a cool show, and its fun to see other stuff like the logistics etc.

the only question i have is: why?

payton limits press access and things like that a lot, i'm just confused why he is doing this

Thanks for adding that Outside the Huddle show, StChad. I thought that piece about Heath Evans was great. Sounds like he's got a real passion for helping abused kids. Good guy! :9: A great addition to a great team.

I love the Saints! :hearts:

Good article on the show in today's Times Picayune. Glad to know it takes very little time out of his schedule.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom