Sean Payton sits down with Florio and Simms (1 Viewer)

From that discussion i don't believe we would have taken Mahomes had he been there at 11.

Also there was no clarity to the quarterback situation.

Maybe...but you have to consider that he could have speaking from a bias of having Lattimore on his own team.
Definitely possible, but you can tell from that interview how much we were enamored with Lattimore. Sounds like he may have been several spots ahead of Mahomes on our board. Somewhere like 3 vs 10.

Definitely possible, but you can tell from that interview how much we were enamored with Lattimore. Sounds like he may have been several spots ahead of Mahomes on our board. Somewhere like 3 vs 10.

It was right after the draft that Sean came out and said they had Lattimore graded as a top 3 player and could not see a scenario where he fell to us, and there was no player they would've taken above him.

From that discussion i don't believe we would have taken Mahomes had he been there at 11.

Also there was no clarity to the quarterback situation.

Pretty sure we knew this already. if we weren't jumped by KC, we were going to take Mahomes only if Lattimore wasn't there.

Lattimore was a legit top 4 or 5 prospect that slipped only because of his hamstring issues. Some mocks had Lattimore going #2 overall even.

Just talking about that draft, the huge irony for me is both Cincinnati and San Diego using picks in the top 9 on WRs who are streaky at best thus far (Ross, Mike Williams) when either could have had Mahomes. Of course, two years ago they probably felt good about Dalton and Rivers. Now both need to retool the position.

I just remember being amazed and delighted at them burning picks on these offensive players and allowing Lattimore to drop and drop towards #11. It was a beautiful thing.

Oh, and Sean will never tell you the truth about the Mahomes/Lattimore thing. He will, like any other coach, say they preferred the player they picked, had him graded much higher on their board etc. This is standard coach speak.

From the draft until the 3rd game of preseason, SP is a straight shooter
All other times he’s a very curvilinear shooter
I respectfully disagree. It's not to his or the team's benefit to be straight to any external media

Garrett Grayson, for one, was the recipient of plenty of SP warm words in preseason. And look how well that turned out.

Don't believe a word and you won't be disappointed.

From the draft until the 3rd game of preseason, SP is a straight shooter
All other times he’s a very curvilinear shooter
I agree. He's never candid in pressers.

I watched their interview with Drew yesterday. Simms', in trying to get his first question out, his speech was peppered with (and this is verbatim, hence the quotes), "Like, okay, like, idiots like me, okay" and "but like, you know, hey, listen, you know". Dude, for the love of god, you are getting paid to talk. Please get better at your job.

Last edited:
Payton and Loomis would definitely taken Mahomes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom