Sean Payton: Taysom Hill runs like Fred Flintstone and SP Thinks Hill be Starting NFL QB (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
Really fun but very interesting about Hill. I can see the Fred Flintstone "Hill" jerseys flying off the rack -lol

“What else can he do?” Payton said, adding that Hill would make a really good NFL safety. “. . .He’s extremely athletic.”
Payton raved about Hill’s hands and his 4.44 speed but wasn’t as complimentary about Hill’s running style.
“Outstanding. Outstanding. Really good,” Payton said of Hill’s hands. “He runs fast, but a little bit like Fred Flintstone. His arms don’t bend.”
Fred Flintstone, Jim Thorpe, Kordell Stewart (the original “Slash”), The Mormon Missile (as the offensive linemen and Drew Brees call Hill), whatever Taysom Hill’s nickname is, he’s good at his jobs.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/17/sean-payton-taysom-hill-runs-like-fred-flintstone/

Edit: and SP has not given up at all on Hill for becoming a starting QB in the NFL
“I’ve said this before; I believe this,” Payton told reporters in New Orleans on Thursday. “He’s going to be, I think, an outstanding NFL quarterback. . . .Last week, he threw a ball to [Alvin] Kamara that was perfect.”

Edit: and SP has not given up at all on Hill for becoming a starting QB in the NFL
Payton, Brees and Loomis have all said more than once that they expect Hill to be a starting QB in the NFL. They've said it without hesitation or disclaimers. I'll take their word on Hill over any of the "experts" here. A lot of the "experts" here said that Anzalone was a wasted pick and would never be good enough to be an NFL linebacker.

Embarrassing boner in that article. They said Hill played 19 snaps on defense against the Eagles. I'll assume they meant special teams!

Embarrassing boner
source.gif

I LOVE Mormon Missile moniker... that is how he will now be known.

I really wish Rhythm and Bruise would have caught on for Kamara and Ingram. I don't care for the lame & overused generic tag team name they've been given.

I also really love Kevin Foote and Steve Peloquin's knick names... Ellerbe was "the Thief" because he was never healthy and got paid all that jack, MT is I think Rubber-Man because the way he contorts his body to make just about every dang catch from day 1, and there are many many more I am brain farting over right now.

Payton, Brees and Loomis have all said more than once that they expect Hill to be a starting QB in the NFL. They've said it without hesitation or disclaimers. I'll take their word on Hill over any of the "experts" here. A lot of the "experts" here said that Anzalone was a wasted pick and would never be good enough to be an NFL linebacker.
Could it be that they are talking him up as possible trade bait come draft time since we are short on picks this year? :shrug:

I LOVE Mormon Missile moniker... that is how he will now be known.

I really wish Rhythm and Bruise would have caught on for Kamara and Ingram. I don't care for the lame & overused generic tag team name they've been given.

I also really love Kevin Foote and Steve Peloquin's knick names... Ellerbe was "the Thief" because he was never healthy and got paid all that jack, MT is I think Rubber-Man because the way he contorts his body to make just about every dang catch from day 1, and there are many many more I am brain farting over right now.

I like Storm'n Mormon

I know a lot of people are thinking bridgewater is our next qb but I'm really hoping its taysom. I love this kid and think he has nothing but an upside moving forward.

If it weren’t for the Chiefs trading up maybe we pick Mahomes instead of Lattimore. Lattimore has been crucial to our run the last two seasons. Much better than Mahomes sitting on the bench.

I want to see more from the Mormon Missle in the pass game. His arm is legit. Does he have the vision and ability to process multiple reads?

My biggest concern is the QB that will match with Michael Thomas because he’s on such a rare path for NFL wide receivers. He may not reach Jerry Rice’s all time numbers, those could stand for 50 years, but he can be top 5-10. And if we keep our core players we can have a great team even post Brees.

And if you think of combining a dangerous passing attack with a dangerous running game and a mobile QB then I think Hill can find his way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom