Sean Payton: Taysom Hill to be backup quarterback (mod edit) (1 Viewer)

Nah, read this.

EDIT: For those that can't, Payton is basically saying Taysom will be the #2 QB but will also be the #1 in the Joker role doing his usual stuff. Because he could get a finger pointing sideways playing TE they will need a #3 QB active every game.

We're taking what Payton says to the media literally? I wouldn't be so fast. I'm still predicting Taysom Hill sees fairly significant snaps on offense. Now, his time on special teams might not be as significant this season. He's still "JK1", if we apply the same abbreviation style like we do with other positions ;)

I am assuming that Sean Payton would not let his talent be wasted either. Why would his role be any different just because of a QB2 label?

Simple. I would think any coach at the professional level would not bring two qbs to a game and play both of them on offense at the same time.....lol

Taysom was the 2nd best player on the field at the end of last season, and there wasn't a close 3rd...

Ya'll are trippin' if ya'll think that him being the #2 QB will diminish his other roles on offense... Trippin'!

We are in an.... "If he dies, he dies".... type of year.

Last edited:
Sean maybe trolling everybody. He loves making people think one thing and then does the other?

So we won't really know until FA period and the draft ends, heck really we won't know till week 1 of the season how Taysom will be used.

I don't see Payton being the type to put a rookie on the field at the QB position, so even if we draft one, Hill would be #2 this year. I also think Payton has seen enough of Hill in practice that he believes he's the best option at #2, even if we were to bring in a vet, because he knows the offense and he's a playmaker. I think Payton is serious. That's not to say that things can't change somewhere down the line, but when Payton says something like this, he's usually serious.

Taysom was the 2nd best player on the field at the end of last season, and there wasn't a close 3rd...

Ya'll are trippin' if ya'll think that him being the #2 QB will diminish his other roles on offense... Trippin'!

We are in an.... "If he dies, he dies".... type of year.
That's what I'm trying to say! Taysom Hill will not sit on the bench, no matter what his title is! They will get a 3rd QB for that.

If I'm SP I worry about playing him on special teams. On one hand you have this incredible special teams player who has made some big time plays. But on the other hand the guy is a vital part of the offense. Do you risk him getting hurt trying to block a punt or do you say the reward is worth the risk?

Personally I hope they pick their spots with him on special teams. He's such a valuable weapon.

When you read articles surrounding Taysom Hill, it's like everyone(including hated rivals) are trying desperately to convince Saints fans and anyone that'll listen, Hill's not, nor ever will/can be a franchise QB..So Saints fans, stop dreaming, it can't be real..it must not be allowed to be real!

Nah, read this.

EDIT: For those that can't, Payton is basically saying Taysom will be the #2 QB but will also be the #1 in the Joker role doing his usual stuff. Because he could get a finger pointing sideways playing TE they will need a #3 QB active every game.

Basically the same as last season, but with Taysom being the next man up if Drew misses time.
Makes sense as we're not likely to have a back-up quarterback that gives us a better chance to win than Taysom this season.

Going to be a crazy year at the QB position. Is this the year TH has more snaps at QB than Drew? I am not a big fan of running TH in at QB on situational downs. It lets the defense sell out to focus on Hill.
Could be tough on defense though with Emmanuel Sanders lined up. Payton I'm sure will have a couple of plays designed.

Do any fans at this point believe Brees/Taysom 2 headed QB monster splitting snaps, with the occasional package with Hill as a TE/WR is taking shape or naa?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom