Sean Payton "The Mastermind" (1 Viewer)

Hebertcj

Deuxdat`
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on Sean's vacation. I was wondering all off season what he must have been doing with all that free time. Besides the obvious of spending time with family and enjoying the sun. I'm talking from a football aspect ONLY.

It makes me wonder what one of the greatest offensive minds of our generation was scheming up in order to bring the hammer down on the league. You don't sit around and not come up with a master scheme of some sort. Was he devising a new offense? Has he always wanted Rob Ryan? Has he sat at the dinner table and the whole season just clicked on what he would do this year?

Something tells me all of you have wondered about this at some point and I think it makes for a very interesting topic while we wait in limbo for us to pick Vaccaro, Jarvis, or Rhodes. Or maybe Payton was watching Austin at Buffalo Wild Wings and thought up a thousand things to do with him to just straight embarrass the Falcons. What do you think?

I think he saw things as we see them and understands now that we need a defense

I don't have a clue what he has in mind but I'm eager to find out. The next few months are going to be torturous.

I'm going to hold off on the "mastermind" label for now. I'm glad that he's the saints' head coach but 1 championship doesn't make him a mastermind.

He watched more college football than Mel Kiper and Todd McShay combined. Big draft coming. Wanted another versatile TE and got Ben " run em down" Watson to provide a proper TE in the "Joker" offense. Instantly switched to 3-4 to try and utilize current players and draft-able players. Heavy blitz and less soft zones here we come. Going to be a good season boys

What are your thoughts on Sean's vacation. I was wondering all off season what he must have been doing with all that free time. Besides the obvious of spending time with family and enjoying the sun. I'm talking from a football aspect ONLY.

It makes me wonder what one of the greatest offensive minds of our generation was scheming up in order to bring the hammer down on the league. You don't sit around and not come up with a master scheme of some sort. Was he devising a new offense? Has he always wanted Rob Ryan? Has he sat at the dinner table and the whole season just clicked on what he would do this year?

Something tells me all of you have wondered about this at some point and I think it makes for a very interesting topic while we wait in limbo for us to pick Vaccaro, Jarvis, or Rhodes. Or maybe Payton was watching Austin at Buffalo Wild Wings and thought up a thousand things to do with him to just straight embarrass the Falcons. What do you think?
Was he secreatly on her seeing things from other people's perspectives?

I'm going to hold off on the "mastermind" label for now. I'm glad that he's the saints' head coach but 1 championship doesn't make him a mastermind.

Bingo!

Although I like Sean Payton a lot, I am wondering what if the Saints finish somewhere where they ended up last year. Another 7&9 season followed by an 8&8 season will backfire on him to the core! In short......his job would be on the line!

And it could happen if THIS YEAR'S draft is another bust! That will be magnified in 2 years, and it could put him on the hot seat!

Obviously he saw just how terrible our defense was so he canned Spags, made the decision to switch to a 3-4, and hired a really good 3-4 D.C..

Offensivley, you know he's got a notebook full of new play ideas he's dying to try out.

I'm sure he watched a lot of college and NFL games doing some scouting work. Seeing who's available and who would fit what we want/need.

We can consider him a "great offensive mind" when he does it with someone other than one of the greatest QB's of our time.

lol at people hating on Sean Payton. The guy who has brought you a top five offense every year since he's been here.

I think he realized our current defensive personnel is better suited for a 3-4, but also gets that one player @15 is not going to magically transform our defense--it is going to take a few drafts.

I know many of you think just because we had a historically bad defense that we have to draft help @15, but I am certain coach will not be painted into that line. Our play makers are aging and if one of the 2 impact WR's is there I think he will be a happy coach.

lol at people hating on Sean Payton. The guy who has brought you a top five offense every year since he's been here.

IKR? The dude is a freaking mastermind when it comes to offense, he wasn't even there last year and Saints were still 2nd in the league in offense using "his" system. Yeah I understand some of you are in a wait and see approach for this new season but still in my opinion Sean is the best offensive mind in the NFL maybe in football in general this generation. The Saints struck gold in 2006 getting him and Brees. I think having the most successful Saints franchise in the history of the program is proof of what Sean Payton is capable of. Yes I know Brees plays a huge part of it and I am not doubting him either they both make the team.

I know for a fact that Sean was sitting there every game writing down everything that needed to be improved on from offensive play calling to the atrocious defense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom