Sean Payton *** The OFFICIAL Sean Payton Complaint Thread ***(MERGED) (1 Viewer)

Forget the bs ref calls. forget jason david.

Sean payton pulling bush out on 3rd down and 1 was the worst coaching call I have ever seen.

I am so mad at Sean Payton. He has no idea how to run a football team.

Reggie Bush was dominating, on fire, and when the game is on the line, and you take him out, you need to be mentally evaluted. No excuse.

TERRIBLE POST. awful post.

Had he left Bush in and gotten the same result, you woudl probably post saying "Why didn't we run our hard running pierre thomas????"

awful post, you lose

PT got tackled before he had a shot at the first down. If he didnt get hit from behind. I could have been a TD run.

Payton Should be forced to donate this game check to Charity

He lost this game, twice he pulls his most productive RB this game on 3rd and 1? Oh no, we don't want the guy who's tearing Denver apart in the game on 3rd and 1...NEVER WANT THAT!

I'm so angry right now

If Deuce is hurt he shouldn't be active.

If he is hurt he should be on the official injury report, he wasn't.

He carried last week twice for ten yards. Hell of a lot better average than anyone else is doing.

I'll say again, if you're not going to play in him in short yardage or on the goal line, he should not be active at all.

No it doesn't. As a matter of fact it makes ZERO sense and its even backed up by our team's injury report.

What is even more stupid, is you trying to back it up. :1zhelp:

If he's not hurt, he plays, right? Therefore, no playtime means he's hurt. It's a logical conclusion that you don't seem to be grasping for some reason. There are many players on our team that are hurt but aren't on the official injury report. That's not always a reliable gauge of health. That's why they have the different grades of probable, questionable, doubtful, and out. Even still, the coaches are not always honest about the true health of their players (see Bill Belicheck).

Instead of insulting me, why don't you offer your own explanation and contribute something intelligent to the conversation?

He should still be on the field. I don't necessarily think he could carry the ball for one yard either, but you're letting the defense off the hook completely by taking your best playmaker off the field.

Maybe he should have been. I just don't necessarily fault the call in going with Thomas -- pick your poison. Sure, they had options, but if they swing the ball out to Bush and he's dropped in the backfield, we're complaining. If they put Deuce in and he's stacked at the line, people would complain about putting Deuce in for a critical play, cold off the bench. If the Saints go to the air and the ball ends up incomplete, people would complain about not converting AND stopping the clock.

The bottomline, IMO, is this is a team that once again demonstrated an inability to win at the line in a critical situation.

Imagine this in basketball:

Phil Jackson: "You know, MJ, you've gotten 53 points for us, which is fine and all, but I want to see what Cliff Livingston can do when the game's on the line, so I'm going to bench you for the last 4 seconds of this 94-92 game. We're down and all, but I'm betting ole Cliff can get the ball in the hoop just fine."

AMEN. thats all i can say i have finally gone over to the side of people who think he is killing us in crunch time.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Go for the win. Why oh why would you leave it resting on a FG and that 2 point conversion call earlier.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

5 years.

I did not like the calls to go conservative at the end of the half and on that 3rd and 1 either, but for the most part the offense was great today.

I was certain they would "go for it" on 4th and 1, take the delay of game, then try the field goal.
Take time from the opposing offense, possibly get an offsides penalty, and still have the option for a 46 yd. field goal.
Teams must have a certain yardage delineated to call that I guess.:idunno:

It didnt matter who the rb was, the back side pursuit would have caught whoever it was

Also-that was a huge hole in front of PT....

Another bad Payton decision.....

was going for 2 with 10:00 to play. Kick it and stay down one, but still keep yourself alive if Denver scores another TD which they almost did. If we didnt get that fumble deep in our territory and Denver scores we're down 2 scores with 5:00 to play and dead.

wasn't too bad of a decision...simply need to execute it and not call a play to Bush w/ 3 guys around him

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom