Sean Payton *** The OFFICIAL Sean Payton Complaint Thread ***(MERGED) (1 Viewer)

We lost today because we didn't play Deuce. PT cannot move the pile and all the overrating homers are going to have to come to terms with the fact that he's not a power rusher.

Oh well. The team came back from adversity and played lights out given the circumstances. D needs improvement, but missing players explains it. We nearly spotted a contender 21 and won in a shootout.

Whatever it was, why keep trying what they've already proven they can shut down?

Eh, heck with this, I'm going to the Bridge Lounge, c'ya

Going for two there was a no-brainer. You don't make those calls based on if the other team scores. You make those calls believing your D will come up with a stop. The only bad call(s) in my opinion were the short yardage calls where we could have used Deuce.

He should still be on the field. I don't necessarily think he could carry the ball for one yard either, but you're letting the defense off the hook completely by taking your best playmaker off the field.

Right. It would give the defense more to worry about, which might allow for a more successful play. Today's attempts were Payton's attempt to set a tone/make a statement to the team. I don't necessarily disagree with his strategy. But from what I see, our blocking scheme in short yardage situations is horrible on some plays. Many times the backside backer is left unblock and he makes/disrupts the play. I'm not sure if it's by design or miss blocks, but I know many times our short yardage attempts get stuff by the backside backer.

His coaching is killing us, I love Pierre Thomas but he is just not getting it done on short yardage. Why he isn't using Karney?

i agree with this thread and what u said.. until u said give it to karney in key yardage.. he may be big.. but he goes down immediately when he is hit..

My only complaint now is - they extended Payton far too early. Waiting until the end of the season would have been prudent. If Payton gets this team to the playoffs - hello even bigger contract. The team continues on it's current track - goodluck Sean, with your next Offensive Co ordinator gig. Now Benson's stuck, again. It may work out but with Rick Venturi errr.....I mean with Gary Gibbs still on the staff it's doubtful......

why are we taking our best player out again

Clearly NO body on this forum can say Reggie is NOT a certified top tier NFL running back. He did every thing today, He ran up the middle, bounced to the wing, scored Touch Downs, and every thing.
But for some unknown reason, when we go goal line offense, Reggie is on the bench looking upset. When we needed 1 yard to put this game away, Reggie is on the bench looking very upset. COACH SEAN PAYTON HAS TO BEGIN TO BELIEVE IN THE TALENT THAT HE HAS. It doesn't matter what anyone else believes in the whole world, Coach has to believe in his players. Clearly this lost and last week's lost are on the shoulders of Coach Payton.

not sure who gave you a 1 star rating because you are spot on...unless the offensive coordinator is calling the plays now, Payton is slacking ***, calling the wrong plays to the wrong guys and leaving Deuce on the shelf which is beyond me...

It is amazing how many people here can tell the future. Why aren't you coaching in the NFL? Amazing!
Also, I would love to know the average age of all posters on SR.

agree 100%. Even if you want to give it to PT you can put reggie in motion on the fake end around to draw some of the defense.

Just my opinion but Sean payton called a good game except for the 1st and goal before halftime and the final drive on 3rd and one. With Drew Brees and Reggie having the type of game they were having i would have put my money on them in those two situations. I now have another whole week two stew and wonder what if but i will be right back in front of the tv next week to repeat this again. I still have faith that things will improve. Mike Mckenzie played an outstanding game along with Robert Meachem so some of the players are starting to come around and i predict a victory against SanFrancisco next week. This has been a rough two weeks for me i hope i don't have to get back on my high blood pressure medication i know this game raised it up some because i have a bad headache right now. Well until next week chat.

What in the world is Sean Peyton thinking? Being Conservative? That's not going to get us any wins...And where the heck is Deuce? Why won't he let him play???? This kind of coaching won't work. We have been dealing with "Conservative Coaching" for years, if your going to loose atleast show you are trying.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom