Sean Payton understands tough decisions remain for New Orleans Saints - Larry Holder (1 Viewer)

Dan in Lafayette

Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sean Payton wants tackle left tackle Jermon Bushrod to play for the New Orleans Saints in 2013. He also envisions defensive end Will Smith and linebacker Jonathan Vilma remaining with the team. It's not always that simple, though, and Payton understands all of it.

Payton discussed an array of topics in an interview with NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune on Friday afternoon as he's neck deep into building the Saints back into a Super Bowl contender with this offseason being one of the more critical periods since he's been in New Orleans.

Rest of Article

Jermon Bushrod is the single greatest priority for us in free agency. He is a "must" sign, as Payton eludes to in the article.

Jermon Bushrod is the single greatest priority for us in free agency. He is a "must" sign, as Payton eludes to in the article.

I don't agree. He was helped by the people around him and DB's quick release.

Payton said there's a lot of value in that second-tier free agents

Payton acknowledged the Saints would follow the same formula this offseason saying the Saints "will pay close attention" to the second tier rather than breaking the bank on one player.

Some posters have correctly stressed this over and over. Hopefully highlighting Payton's comments will allow it to continue to filter into the discussion on this forum. This is how we conduct free agency.

They need to make a play for Ed Reed I don't care what tier he is in

Sent via Tapatalk

I don't agree. He was helped by the people around him and DB's quick release.

Well, Sean Payton disagrees with you because in the article he states that he would really like to have Bushrod back for next season. I agree with Payton.

Of course he would like to have him back. He would've liked to have Nicks back too

Sent via Tapatalk

Some posters have correctly stressed this over and over. Hopefully highlighting Payton's comments will allow it to continue to filter into the discussion on this forum. This is how we conduct free agency.

I like for the saints to follow TE Anthony Fasano and Safeties Louis Delmas, Kenny Phillips, Stevie Brown, Chris Clemmons and Pat Chung. I focus on these positions because they are the cheaper in free agency, and let's face it, we are for a good bargain this time.

Others to follow: linebackers Victor Butler and Rob Jackson, and defensive tackles Sammy Lee Hill and Alan Branch.

Finally, since their drafts I liked corners Sean Smith and Dominique Rogers-Cromartie, but I think they will sign for more then we can afford.

Man. He said if somewhere else would open for training camp he'd consider using a different facility. Him coming to ULL practice facility would be SWEET

I found it interesting he mentions Hicks. Like I I haven't met him, but I will!

I noticed Nose Tackle wasn't on his list of needs :D...nevermind the I told you so

Anyhow.

Anyone want to look @ some games of William Gholston?

He comes in with an advanced ability to shed blocks...its getting him to keep his pad level low and his motor going@100%.

Ihope we take a look@ him..............i like how he gets his hands up. He had a ton of batted passes last year to go along with his sacks and TFL

Yeah i mean we've never been a team to go out and pay for 1 guy...unless as u noted was because we were losing a player like Carl Nicks...where we had to find a viable replacement.

Several 2nd Tier guys that will be available and i think well find good value.

It's a good strategy. You fill holes with free agency and find your stars in the draft. Doing the opposite is very expensive.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom