Sean Payton vs. Ryan Nielsen (1 Viewer)

SaintsMan209

SB This year!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Question: do you all find it at all interesting that Nielsen is taking a bunch of players from the Saints while Payton has taken none? What do you think is going on there? Is it intentional or just happened that way? Did Payton not see any value for the Broncos while Nielsen saw plenty for the Falcons? I don't know but it really got me wondering which players would leave from the Saints to the Broncos and so far none of our current players have signed there...maybe I'm making something out of nothing but just thought it would be interesting to see.

Probably because ATL was more deficient in players on defense, plus Elliss and DO both played for Neilsen and they fit hit scheme. Payton is an offensive guy and other than Johnson we didn’t have many offensive FA’s anyone really wants.

Eh not like he signed some all world guys. Oneymata is on the wrong side of 30 coming off a sub par season after getting popped for roids. Elliss has potential but in reality doesn't see the field if Werner wasn't hurt. He made most of his playing time with 7 sacks but him repeating that is highly unlikely. I personally wouldn't feel comfortable paying him over 7mill/year. Nielsen just trying to make a good impression at DC with guys he knows.

I don’t really see any offensive players that he’d like to take outside of Kamara.

Thomas could have not renegotiated his contract if he would have rather go there. And, Winston, maybe Juan. I think it says a lot about DA and Pete. Especially with FAs possibly taking a discount to come to the Saints? Maybe the Carr effect?

Last edited:
I don’t think we had any players that filled the needs they were looking to fill, based on their activity so far:

BBDD902F-917D-4233-81E5-234215A01F05.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom