Sean Payton (1 Viewer)

When are we going to start holding him accountable? How many more years of the same thing over and over, get into the playoffs, lose in 1st or 2nd round?

Good guy but 1 superbowl appearance and win in 15 years (12 years if you subtract 2012 - bounty, 2017 - Minn missed tackle, 2018 - ref screw job) is not really good when you've had a HOF QB like Drew Brees. Also when you've had Kamara, MT, Ram, McCoy and Armstead (who all are potential HOFs) for awhile now too. What gives? Why can't he even get us back to the superbowl? He's good coach but not great b/c this is holding him and the Saints back from being great.

I appreciate your passion for wanting to try and get better. You dont let a HOF coach go so Dallas can sign him up immediately. There are only like 3 jobs in the whole NFL this man wouldn't get.

I'm fine with Payton getting held to a high threshold and have no problem if/when he starts getting 'flack' from national pundits and non Saints fans calling him out for never getting some of the most talented teams to the Super Bowl*

*let me say that this is also why 2018 hurt so much because the no call affected the legacy of Brees and Payton a lot but sadly only Saints fans will ever truly care.

But you don't get rid of him lol. He's easily a top coach in this league. Andy Reid took a long time to finally get over the hump and it took him drafting potentially the most gifted QB of all time to do it and now he's about to bask in glory for a long time. Luck is pretty critical in the NFL lol. Payton is a great coach, now we just gotta wait to hopefully get much needed luck.

Some of you guys are crazy. Payton is the second longest tenured coach in the league. He has lost big games (and won big games) because he has been around long enough to do it.
Again, I'm not doing that. I know super bowls are hard to come by. Again, read my first post. I'm not just speaking of the last 4 years y'all. Coach has been here for awhile and still doing alot of the same things that don't win in the playoffs. Regular season maybe but playoffs no and this goes beyond the field even.
Payton has a winning playoff record and a Super Bowl win, and averages over 10 wins per season- which head coach do you have lined up to lead us to the promise land?

When are we going to start holding him accountable? How many more years of the same thing over and over, get into the playoffs, lose in 1st or 2nd round?

Good guy but 1 superbowl appearance and win in 15 years (12 years if you subtract 2012 - bounty, 2017 - Minn missed tackle, 2018 - ref screw job) is not really good when you've had a HOF QB like Drew Brees. Also when you've had Kamara, MT, Ram, McCoy and Armstead (who all are potential HOFs) for awhile now too. What gives? Why can't he even get us back to the superbowl? He's good coach but not great b/c this is holding him and the Saints back from being great.
Iv posted here a lot of regrettable drunk text. You should have a coffee and enima and go to sleep

Not a film, coaching, or player development expert... but...

I would argue that the players you mention are so good because (or at least in part) due to Payton. Look at Drew with and without Payton. Look at Jimmy Graham, TeddyB, Mark Ingram, Tony Romo, Alvin Kamara and say Payton isn’t an essential part in their development?

I didn't say he wasn't. My goodness if there is anything I will give him is he knows about finding a good to great OL, making any WR better, discovering QBs. You all are putting words in my mouth at wasn't there to avoid the question. How long do we keep Payton around if we still only get to the the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs or less. 2 more years, 7 more years, just wondering?

Iv posted here a lot of regrettable drunk text. You should have a coffee and enima and go to sleep
Lol. An enima tho. You guys are funny. Just like some of you wanted to blame MT for not showing up in a game where he was clearly hurt funny.

I don't regret the post, I knew alot of you wouldn't like it but you would have to be blind to not see Payton is some of the problem. Not all but some and he needs to change things being the head coach.

I didn't say he wasn't. My goodness if there is anything I will give him is he knows about finding a good to great OL, making any WR better, discovering QBs. You all are putting words in my mouth at wasn't there to avoid the question. How long do we keep Payton around if we still only get to the the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs or less. 2 more years, 7 more years, just wondering?
As long as he keeps winning and putting TV sets on Saints games and butts in seats after Covid.

This isn’t college ball where boosters run off successfull coaches that don’t turn their recruiting dollars into enough championships.

Lol. An enima tho. You guys are funny. Just like some of you wanted to blame MT for not showing up in a game where he was clearly hurt funny.

I don't regret the post, I knew alot of you wouldn't like it but you would have to be blind to not see Payton is some of the problem. Not all but some and he needs to change things being the head coach.
Who caused the turnovers?

Lol. Who reads through the progressions during the play and actually throws the ball?
Interesting so you think Drew should have stopped throwing to him. Changed up the plays. I see.

You could always become a Lions fan, that way you won’t have to suffer through so many playoff losses
No Thanks. But they're getting two of our coaches, so you know they're going to be better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom