Sean Payton's # 1 message to Offense this week: Ball Security (2 Viewers)

Aside from not being the best pass catcher, what makes you nervous about Washington? His career stats are underwhelming, but if you look at those 2 years he played with Detroit, they had one of the worst o-lines. From what I've seen of him here in a few preseasons and a regular season game, he seems to be a really hard runner. I think he will do well rotating with Murray.

What worries me about Washington is that he never gets meaningful carries or snaps in real games. If he was even as good as Mike Bell, he would at least get an occasional bone thrown his way, but it just doesn’t happen. It seems like even Trey Edmonds got more chances than Washington. He just strikes me as a special teams player that can also be an emergency RB.

If AK is going to miss a couple of weeks, then go throw a 6th rounder to Miami and get Kenyan Drake, if they don’t believe Zenner is anything more than a ST backup to Washington

What worries me about Washington is that he never gets meaningful carries or snaps in real games. If he was even as good as Mike Bell, he would at least get an occasional bone thrown his way, but it just doesn’t happen. It seems like even Trey Edmonds got more chances than Washington. He just strikes me as a special teams player that can also be an emergency RB.

If AK is going to miss a couple of weeks, then go throw a 6th rounder to Miami and get Kenyan Drake, if they don’t believe Zenner is anything more than a ST backup to Washington

I think it's more of a case of Payton just forcing the ball to Kamara. Even Murray has only averaged 5 touches per game. Now, I'm not going to say that Washington is some beast that we've kept locked away. I'm just saying in the little I've seen of him, I personally don't feel uncomfortable with him getting a few carries every now and then. He did play a full regular season game, and looked incredible in it. Fluke? Not sure, but I think a combo of Murray and Washington would get us by for now. And I don't know what the plan is for Zenner. Maybe he'll get a few touches, as well.

I actually expect both defenses to register at least 5 sacks each. Hopefully I'm wrong and Bridgewater does a great job throwing the ball away instead. But I haven't seen him be able to do that at all thus far.

he has not thrown it away as much as you would like, but he has done a good job of not putting it in harms way much. Honestly, that may be the biggest reason we are winning with a backup QB. He is allowing us to win with D and S. Teams by not giving them anything easy.

I think it's more of a case of Payton just forcing the ball to Kamara. Even Murray has only averaged 5 touches per game. Now, I'm not going to say that Washington is some beast that we've kept locked away. I'm just saying in the little I've seen of him, I personally don't feel uncomfortable with him getting a few carries every now and then. He did play a full regular season game, and looked incredible in it. Fluke? Not sure, but I think a combo of Murray and Washington would get us by for now. And I don't know what the plan is for Zenner. Maybe he'll get a few touches, as well.

I think ALL of that changes this next game. AK needs to sit out one game and let the leg heal. Murray can be featured and be spelled by Washington and I guess Zenner.

If we keep the same focus of the past few weeks, we should be okay. No need to re-invent the wheel.

I have the Chicago defense in FF. They have been like a top RB in points produced each week through turnovers, sacks and even points scored. I think we lose this one if we lose the turnover battle.

The problem with playing Zenner will be his knowledge of the pass blocking schemes or lack thereof. We have to try to keep Teddy off of the turf and a missed block by someone could easily lead to a turnover. For that reason I don't see him playing very much absent an injury to one of the Rb's ahead of him on the depth chart, which is probably everyone.

Bad news for Sunday's game... the Saints are in trouble. Prisco picks the Saints over the Bears 16-13.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom