Sean Payton's Next Great QB: Chad Kelly? (1 Viewer)

TBK

Pro-Bowler
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Good afternoon Saints Report! I'm as much of a fan of college football and the NFL Draft as I am the Saints, and can see a scenario where Sean Payton rolls the dice on the SEC's best senior quarterback, who is both productive and worrisome.

You can read the full article here.

Thanks for reading!

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
My impressions of him is that he commits too many turnovers at key times.

Plus he's just a total d bag.

Bill

Still Leaking Gold
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
a scenario where Sean Payton rolls the dice on the SEC's best senior quarterback, who is both productive and worrisome(?)

Stranger things have happened.

DEUCERICKBOY02

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I'm not sold on Kizer or Watson like some are if saints get top 10 or 5 pick I would rather try for an edge rusher, cornerback Etc. besides kelly any other qbs worth a look in early second?

Nolaboy1970

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I didn't realize that the Saints were interested in him. I just watched him play last Saturday vs. Bama. I'll have to watch him more closely next time. What round is he projected to go in?

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
I didn't realize that the Saints were interested in him. I just watched him play last Saturday vs. Bama. I'll have to watch him more closely next time. What round is he projected to go in?
1st round.

guillermo

Visible minority
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am very impressed with DeShone Kizer of Notre Dame. Besides the obvious physical ability and talent, he has the rare quality of keeping his team calm, even on difficult situations. Reminds in this to Drew and Russell Wilson.

cutter11

All-Pro
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think Payton is going to bring in a guy that openly challenges and argues with his coaches. Just went thru a bunch of hoops getting rid of all the malcontents on the team and I would be surprised if he went against that commandment. "Thou shalt not sign Primma Donnas".

Meachemdat

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I want to see how another Purdue qb playing in Louisiana looks coming out of college first. You know if les miles doesn't screw up his brain first.

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Jimmy Garropolo, in my opinion, is the one to keep an eye on. He and Sean Payton have that Eastern Illinois connection and he will be a free agent after the 2017 season. Does New England tag a backup QB or do they move on from Brady?

Does New Orleans move on from Brees?

Some interesting things are coming after 2017.

Reaction score
N/S. I'm not an LSU fan...but oh my, LSU is going to have a great QB in Myles Brennan. I just witnessed the best prep QB play I've ever seen.

Eman5805

Soulful Voice Actor
Reaction score
The guys I want are players who are poised, stand tall in the pocket (even if they're not tall) and are accurate.

A strong arm is a plus, but not required. And the abiliity to make plays with their feet is another huge bonus.

But not in the Lamar Jackson way. The Drew Brees way. Keeping plays alive with superior footwork and pocket savvy.

I see some of those things in CJ Beathard, so I'm looking at him real close.

I think DeShone Kizer is intriguing and the prototypical QB. Basically, Cam Newton without being an enormous *******, also a lot more , accurate. I see a lot to like there. But I don't see any way he'll be there for us unless we trade for him.

N/S. I'm not an LSU fan...but oh my, LSU is going to have a great QB in Myles Brennan. I just witnessed the best prep QB play I've ever seen.
Eh? QB play as in one singular play or his playing of quarterback, as in an entire game?

Either way...even more reason for me to want Les Miles kicked to the curb.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
This is How Sean Payton's Teams Start - Unexplainable No Show Losses- In Great Seasons Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 25
Sean Payton: Saints’ offense is “average at best” Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Sean Payton Postgame on Saints Loss to Raiders in Week 2 | 2020 NFL SR News Page Articles 0
How Sean Payton's career was shaped by mentors Jon Gruden, Bill Parcells Saints RSS News Feeds 0
No sleep, all football: How Sean Payton got his foot in the NFL door thanks to Jon Gruden Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Sean Payton Talks Offensive Strategy, Week 2 prep | Saints at Raiders Week 2 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
ndcc Saints Nick Wright torches Sean Payton in this vid (...calls him a jerk) Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 68
Andrus Sean Payton Postgame Interview after Saints Win vs. Buccaneers | Week 1 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Drew Brees and Sean Payton's 'unbelievable journey' now entering its 15th season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints' Sean Payton hopes new injured reserve rules stick in future seasons Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Well we will find out today what sean payto is as a hrad coacu Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 47
superchuck500 Nice new piece from Luke Johnson (Advocate) on Sean/Drew relationship Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3
'It was ugly.' Here's what Brees, Payton, Kamara had to say after Saints' loss to Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints Payton post game Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 20
Payton encouraged by Ruiz progress, Saints run defense Saints RSS News Feeds 0
DerrickB Payton hasn't ruled out MT13 against the Raiders Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 46
Payton refuses comment on Thomas injury, cites strength of special teams Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saintsphere Payton on Davenport Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 30
Analysis What would you whisper in Payton's ear after week 1 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 70
Payton: “That was as bad of a game as I’ve had as a playcaller.” Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 102
Payton seamed to be caught off guard by no fans for game 3 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3
Saints stumble but still own NFC South lead after Week 2; here's what to know, what's next Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas better play next weekend Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
El Caliente Can we clean things up before next week? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 13
Did I hear right? Mike Tirico Calling our game next week on SNF Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 26
Who is Saints' next man up if Michael Thomas sits? Here are 4 options, and 1 wild card Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Any Saints Fans going to Vegas next weekend ? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 33
Good thing we play our next game on a Monday Night Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 21