Sean Payton's record after the bye. (1 Viewer)

boutte

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I keep hearing about how good Payton is coming off the bye week. His record is 8-6 which is okay but I wouldn't call it great. I also remember some real stinkers. (Atl. in the Dome)

We really should win this one. :oops: Us getting beat by backup QBs is just myth.

At first I was afraid to post this because I don't want to jinx us but then I remembered that being superstitious is bad luck.

We haven’t beaten Seattle enough for my liking. I know we’ve pretty much smoked them the last couple of times we played them, but it’s not enough to repay them for the turmoil they put us through in 2010 and 2013. I want them destroyed to ashes and then destroy the ashes. :mad:

I’m a petty, petty man when it comes to sports. :hihi:

remember that season the saints were coming off a bye week, were playing at home, against ATL (I think only won 2 wins up to that point) who just fired their head coach... and lost

remember that season the saints were coming off a bye week, were playing at home, against ATL (I think only won 2 wins up to that point) who just fired their head coach... and lost
Not only did we lose, we got the snot beaten out of us on both sides of the ball and the scheme the Falcons used to attack our offense was copied to the letter by the Vikings in the playoffs. So we essentially lost twice out of that bye. Was a depressing showing.

I keep hearing about how good Payton is coming off the bye week. His record is 8-6 which is okay but I wouldn't call it great. I also remember some real stinkers. (Atl. in the Dome)

We really should win this one. :oops: Us getting beat by backup QBs is just myth.

At first I was afraid to post this because I don't want to jinx us but then I remembered that being superstitious is bad luck.
We're pretty good now. Early on we were bad. Think we started 0-3 or something like that in our first few years under Payton.

That was AWFUL! Is that the game where they kept giving up on side kicks?

We haven’t beaten Seattle enough for my liking. I know we’ve pretty much smoked them the last couple of times we played them, but it’s not enough to repay them for the turmoil they put us through in 2010 and 2013. I want them destroyed to ashes and then destroy the ashes. :mad:

I’m a petty, petty man when it comes to sports. :hihi:
Let’s not use the word destroy. That shirt ricocheted back at us lol

it’s not a myth because it’s actually happened a good bit. But if you point is that we aren’t snake bit by them, I agree. That would be some superstitious stuff indeed. For one, when they happen, you don’t forget them while you can forget all the backups we destr… um defeated quite easily. Second, in those that we did lose, some of those backups played incredible games so you have to give them credit sometimes.

No matter what else we have to remember that it's the Saints. We're never going to be a normal NFL team. Never have been.
We're a lot better than we've ever have been in our history. We're one of the most stable franchises in the League and there's no reason to believe that'll be changing soon.
But man! Think about how bizarre this whole ride has been. Payton's first year we go to the NFCCG. Then two non-winning seasons in a row. The Bam! Super Bowl Champs.

Then Beast Mode, that horrible loss in SF, Bounty Gate, the Miracle, the No Call and it goes on and on till Brees gets all 15 years worth of injuries all at the same time and MT gets paid and proceeds to get a two year injury.

But we're sitting here with half a team and a 3-2 record with a gun slinging young QB with one of the best long balls in the game right now. We beat the mighty Packers and lost to the lowly Giants.

The Saints are going to be the Saints.

We're pretty good now. Early on we were bad. Think we started 0-3 or something like that in our first few years under Payton.

2009 would have been the first season where they won a game following a bye, yes

I haven't read Payton's book in forever, but that was actually brought up. Something like he noticed they weren't playing well following a bye, and changed some things. May have even consulted with Andy Reid who had a really good record in games following a bye?

Seattle's defensive front looked charmin soft the couple times I seen them. Kamara should feast
Which means in 11 days 10 they will harden up like a concrete wall

it’s not a myth because it’s actually happened a good bit. But if you point is that we aren’t snake bit by them, I agree. That would be some superstitious stuff indeed. For one, when they happen, you don’t forget them while you can forget all the backups we destr… um defeated quite easily. Second, in those that we did lose, some of those backups played incredible games so you have to give them credit sometimes.

Definitely not a myth.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom