Sean Payton's record after the bye. (1 Viewer)

So Payton's record off byes (8-6 or .57) is not significantly statistically different than his overall historical record as head coach (155-91 or .63).

The biggest concern with so many coming back is that the players will not be in sync because they haven't practiced together.

No matter what else we have to remember that it's the Saints. We're never going to be a normal NFL team. Never have been.
We're a lot better than we've ever have been in our history. We're one of the most stable franchises in the League and there's no reason to believe that'll be changing soon.
But man! Think about how bizarre this whole ride has been. Payton's first year we go to the NFCCG. Then two non-winning seasons in a row. The Bam! Super Bowl Champs.

Then Beast Mode, that horrible loss in SF, Bounty Gate, the Miracle, the No Call and it goes on and on till Brees gets all 15 years worth of injuries all at the same time and MT gets paid and proceeds to get a two year injury.

But we're sitting here with half a team and a 3-2 record with a gun slinging young QB with one of the best long balls in the game right now. We beat the mighty Packers and lost to the lowly Giants.

The Saints are going to be the Saints.
Great point and very true

No matter what else we have to remember that it's the Saints. We're never going to be a normal NFL team. Never have been.
We're a lot better than we've ever have been in our history. We're one of the most stable franchises in the League and there's no reason to believe that'll be changing soon.
But man! Think about how bizarre this whole ride has been. Payton's first year we go to the NFCCG. Then two non-winning seasons in a row. The Bam! Super Bowl Champs.

Then Beast Mode, that horrible loss in SF, Bounty Gate, the Miracle, the No Call and it goes on and on till Brees gets all 15 years worth of injuries all at the same time and MT gets paid and proceeds to get a two year injury.

But we're sitting here with half a team and a 3-2 record with a gun slinging young QB with one of the best long balls in the game right now. We beat the mighty Packers and lost to the lowly Giants.

Saints aren’t normal, but what team is? You’re right though, we’re in a better place long term than most teams.

remember that season the saints were coming off a bye week, were playing at home, against ATL (I think only won 2 wins up to that point) who just fired their head coach... and lost
remember that time when the swamp dogs came back in the second half and won the Bourbon Bowl?

Sean Payton's records after the byes have been improved tremendously after he implemented the Andy Reid's way, giving players almost a whole week off. He was undefeated after the byes until last year, I think.

MT played an entire year after getting paid and before getting injured.

MT played an entire year after getting paid and before getting injured.
I'm not blaming him for getting injured. As far as the delayed surgery I think it was a bad call but I can understand it. Turned out to be a mistake, hind site and all that...
One thing I will never question about MT is his competitiveness and drive to excel.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom