Sean Salisbury Says Panthers to Win NFC South (1 Viewer)

watch the panthers, come out and lay a egg this weekend against the bucs...and i wonder what he'll say after that.

Realize that Analysts are PAID to make controversial and decisive decisions whether people agree or not, that's what makes it TV. It wouldn't be interesting if they just talked about the good things on every team and never picked a winner.

It doesn't matter who the analyst is, when predicting sports you will be wrong about 50% of the time.

Actually I thought the commercials were funny. I liked the one they did a while back on the Bears kicker Gould about kicking with the wind. Did you guys see that one?

Drugs are a horrible habit Sean

Really, as great as Steve Smith is, he has only 2 TDs receiving, and 1 rushing. Keyshawn only has 2 receiving and 1 rushing. Delhomme has 8 TD passes and 5 INTs in 8 games. THIS is who will win the division? He can barely get 1 TD a game and their top 2 RBs have 3 between them and the 4-4 Panthers will finish the year ahead of the 6-2 Saints and 5-3 Falcons?? In the immortal words of Wayne Campbell, "Shhyeah...right".

The logic of this thread is completely flawed. People critisize analysts for not picking the Saints in the off-season because we had a 3-13 year and they tend to predict the same teams even though it rarely works out like that. Now someone predicts against the grain of current records and he gets torn apart. Everyone wants to announce a Bears v Colts superbowl until the Bears look horrible against Maimi. Denny Green had a point. If you look at week 9 in most seasons a lot changes between then and the end of the season. The Chiefs were 9-0 a few years ago and did not win a playoff game, the Vikings were 8-1 and did nothing. If last year when the Steelers were 7-5 and the Colts were 12-0 someone had predicted that Pittsburgh could beat Indianapolis in the playoffs they would have been met with ridicule. Look at the facts, the Panthers are 2 games behind only. We are only half way through the season. I believe we can win the division but it would not surprise me one bit if the Panthers clinched it or a wild card and made some noise in the post season

In case you guys have not realized it yet. If the Panthers beat the bucs and we lose to Pittsburg they are only one game, like the one on New Years Eve, behind us. I would wait until we win 7 more games or the Panthers drop another game or two before writing them off.

Also that the Patriots started off the season 5-5 and went on to win their 1st superbowl in 2001

Wilbon from PTI recently said something on the Dan Patrick show which sheds some light on this subject. He mentioned that most analysts want their predictions to be accurate and that they end up rooting for those teams to succeed to make them look good.

This is obviously the case with Salsbury. I think his credibility as an analyst is shaky with ESPN and he NEEDS the Panthers to win.

I do not understand the media's love affair with the Panthers. I am not saying that the Saints will win the division. If the Saints don't win it, I think the Falcons will.

Salisbury did what any desperate sportscaster would do. He makes an outlandish claim(like he invented the question mark) such as Carolina will win the division and if by some way of freak luck they do he would looks like a genius. Panthers still have to play Philly, NY, at NO, at ATL, and St Louis. This won't happen. Salisbury has no idea what is going on.

It is still a 3 horse race between Saints, Panthers and Falcons. There is alot of football left to be played.

We could easily lose 3 or 4 in a row and they could win 3 or 4 in a row. Suddenly he looks smart. Don't think it can't happen. There is nothing wrong with supporting our team, but lets still be realistic. We haven't won anything yet (as in the division or a playoff spot.)

His statement is no more outlandish than many here on this board who predicted we would go 16-0 at the beginning of the year.

Here is the report where Carolina was busted having numerous players on steroids during there super bowl run 3 years ago? Their entire O-Line and their punter was on the juice. This was before testing, so they were not caught. Maybe Karma is catching up to them or they just aren't as good without roids.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/03/29/60II/main683747.shtml

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom