Sean steals Strief for Denver O-Line coach (1 Viewer)

Ouch. In some ways, I am a bit surprised by this move because the Saints organization certainly liked Strief and arranged for Strief to be hired without any broadcasting experience as the team's radio play-by-play announcer. However, I do understand Strief wanting to coach under Payton and be the offensive line coach. I am sure there is a pay increase.

Last edited:
Do we get Denver’s No. 7 pick in this year’s draft?

This is where the rules get a little strange, Strief was my neighbor and about 8 months ago he put his house on the market and the entire hood was shocked. He married a girl who grew up in there and his in laws still live there. He obviously knew then that he was leaving and probably with SP. I guess since SP was still contractually a Saint he could talk to coaches and players legally until he was with another team. That seems a little dishonest.

So did Sean, but he's being chastised for it. Time for me to put on the ole flame suit.
This is the first time the Saints have lost an iconic coach in their history. I expect this, but if you want this franchise to truly have success and build on that Payton/Brees Era from ‘06-‘21, the Saints will learn to function in a post Payton timeline.
The Giants survived after Parcells.
The Broncos survived after Shannahan.
The Cowboys survived after Landry.
The Niners survived after Walsh.

This is where the rules get a little strange, Strief was my neighbor and about 8 months ago he put his house on the market and the entire hood was shocked. He married a girl who grew up in there and his in laws still live there. He obviously knew then that he was leaving and probably with SP. I guess since SP was still contractually a Saint he could talk to coaches and players legally until he was with another team. That seems a little dishonest.

I wouldn't jump to connect these events occurring months apart. Unless you know more than you've already shared, people sell houses and make moves for any number of reasons. Did the house sell? Did they relocate somewhere else in the area? Rent or buy? Other financial considerations? His future earnings aren't likely to match his player earnings anytime soon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom