Sean steals Strief for Denver O-Line coach (1 Viewer)

Allen has made a number of coaching changes already in his first two seasons. Who are the remaining Payton assistant coaches people are most concerned about losing and why?

"Steal" Zach Strief? By "steal" do you mean he was offered a better opportunity by his former coach and boss? I mean, WTH....this stuff happens all the time, I really don't get the misplaced anger here.....coaches and players don't stay in one place forever.....

Congratulations to Zach Strief. It is a promotion, so great to see him advancing in is career.

Now, please bring Mike Munchack. If you want to focus on the run game, you will not find a better coach available to do so.

kind of surprised Strief wants to up and move the family to Denver. I’m pretty sure his wife is from New Orleans. And unless things changed he has a business in New Orleans. But it’s a promotion for him. I don’t think any of us know how good of a coach he is so I don’t see it as a big loss.

This is an opportunity for Zach. He was just an assistant here. Now he can be his own man. Respect and understandable.

"Steal" Zach Strief? By "steal" do you mean he was offered a better opportunity by his former coach and boss? I mean, WTH....this stuff happens all the time, I really don't get the misplaced anger here.....coaches and players don't stay in one place forever.....
You're being dishonest. You might disagree with it, but I think you get it.

Underlines the fact that many of these coaches are Payton's guys, loyal only to Payton. Hate to see Strief go, but it's an opportunity to bring in a new-hire who owes his job and loyalty to D.A.. How many of these coaches were marking time during the season, not giving their all, waiting to jump ship? Out with the old, in with the new.

Allen has made a number of coaching changes already in his first two seasons. Who are the remaining Payton assistant coaches people are most concerned about losing and why?

That's a good question. I would say Michael Hodges, LB coach. For most of Payton tenure the LBs have been terrible. And Ronald Curry on the offense. I think he can be a good OC, and I think he will sooner or later.

I wish I knew more about that's the deal with Cory Robinson.

Disagree? I'll go further, I think it's irrational TBH.....folks angry at a coach that brought unprecedented success to the Saints, because he decides to leave...... after 16 years? Boy, those Giant fans must have really hated Parcells!!!!!!

kind of surprised Strief wants to up and move the family to Denver. I’m pretty sure his wife is from New Orleans. And unless things changed he has a business in New Orleans. But it’s a promotion for him. I don’t think any of us know how good of a coach he is so I don’t see it as a big loss.

Colorado is a pretty cool place to live.

None really
Maybe Hodges

You don't think it's a fair point, though? I understand that because it's Zach Strief, and what he's meant to the franchise, it stings a little, but is any of that based on his coaching talent or the ability to replace him? If the assistant OL coach was somebody else, would the departure register in the same way? Kevin Petry and Declan Doyle are offensive assistants who might end up leaving for something better, too. How will/should that register on the fan reaction Richter scale?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom