Breaking! Sean to Denver for 2023 1st, 2024 2nd, send back a 24 3rd [MERGED] (1 Viewer)

What did Denver lose exactly ? Compared to getting a SB winning coach . They got a veteran QB for Sean to rehab and lost a high second rounder, Payton will round out those lost draft picks with late round gems and under the radar free agents like he did here and we will still have Dennis Allen and Andy Dalton.
If they wanted him that bad they could have taken that haul as some say and traded for someone’s pick in the teens or better. They waited this long it was obvious they were desperate to get him.
Loomis sux until proven otherwise.

Concentrate on your work, please, for your sake and ours. Then, go home, hug your loved ones, unwind with a beer, then eat dinner. You don't need to keep adding dumb things to the pile, truly.
I took some time to make the feelings known on a saints radio show. I’ll continue piling on until Loomis and DA are fired !!

So in reality we got the #29 pick. Swapping 2 and 3 is a wash. All so Mickeys buddy can coach? I don’t care if he has to sit out another year. He deserted us, not the other way around. We owe him NOTHING.
How is it a wash? We get to move up a whole rd. Instead of having a pick in the 2nd and a pick in the 3rd, we’ll have 2 2nds.

I'll join you in the oven if you get roasted. Pretty much my view as well. I wish him success and hope we find a star with our picks. I'm just happy it's finally done and we can finally move on.
Cam and Ram were both late 1st round picks, so it's not like we haven't found gold there in the relatively recent past.

Where could we have gotten that from? Did someone offer us that or are you regurgitating speculative nonsense that you read on Twitter

No. It wasn’t.

In your opinion, it was. But that opinion is based on the idea that Denver will be really bad next year and we simply don’t know that.

You always take the first-rounder now. Because it is the more valuable asset.
Not if you look ahead. That's like saying " I'll give you $10 today or I'll place a $10 bet where you have an 80% chance of winning $50 and the worst you can get is the $10 back" Denver is NOT gonna have a lower than 29th pick next yr. My guess is they finish 10-15. That pick plus our own puts us in play for a GOOD QB next yr SMH

Interestingly, go to Profootballtalk and read the comments under the Payton to Denver article.

People across America, those who aren’t emotionally invested like Saints fans, think the Saints fleeced the Broncos.
Thanks. I read through those comments, and a surprisingly high number think Payton is overrated and only won because Brees was so good, and a couple mention the NFCS the past few years compared to the AFCW now. Guess we'll see!

Not if you look ahead. That's like saying " I'll give you $10 today or I'll place a $10 bet where you have an 80% chance of winning $50 and the worst you can get is the $10 back" Denver is NOT gonna have a lower than 29th pick next yr. My guess is they finish 10-15. That pick plus our own puts us in play for a GOOD QB next yr SMH
Again, that’s not how it works. Draft compensation is the perfect example of “a bird in hand is worth two in the bush.” And there’s no way to guarantee where they’ll finish next year or that whoever we get with that pick will hit.

Plus…we need the first this year. It provides some flexibility. We can use it to trade up if we see a QB we like. We can trade back and acquire future assets. Or we can stay put and add some young talent.

Again, that’s not how it works. Draft compensation is the perfect example of “a bird in hand is worth two in the bush.” And there’s no way to guarantee where they’ll finish next year or that whoever we get with that pick will hit.

Plus…we need the first this year. It provides some flexibility. We can use it to trade up if we see a QB we like. We can trade back and acquire future assets. Or we can stay put and add some young talent.
Hey, pal. There’s no room for your reasonable takes here.

You will naturally defend Loomis and the Saints till the ends of the earth I am sure. Let me guess, you also thought the CGJ trade was worth it?

Sean himself said the asking price was a mid 1st. We got a very low 1st round pick and a 2nd round pick next year. Whilst also giving them a 3rd. None of which are gonna help us draft a franchise QB. Realistically. The fact he isn't coaching for us anymore is irrelevant. Call a spade a spade.
what irrelevant in this situation is what all of us “wanted”… That was what was available. I would have liked more but when it’s all said and done, it’s solid and it does matter that we got picks for someone not even associated with our team.

Lastly, the value that we received for CSP was about a mid round pick based on the chart. We got the second but had to give up points to make it a mid round pick. I would bet money that this is what Loomis said from the beginning is “we will need about X amount of points” and we got exactly what he was expecting even if it’s not what some of the fans wanted.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom