Breaking! Sean to Denver for 2023 1st, 2024 2nd, send back a 24 3rd [MERGED] (1 Viewer)

Thanks. I read through those comments, and a surprisingly high number think Payton is overrated and only won because Brees was so good, and a couple mention the NFCS the past few years compared to the AFCW now. Guess we'll see!
Case in point....Bellachick. Don Shula? Chuck Knoll? Landry? Ditka?

Its the whole chicken and egg thing. A lot of great superbowl winning coaches had great QBs and could not repeat without said QB. Its always been that way.

In this case, Wilson is the wild card.

We got a first rounder this year and yeah it’s #30 but at least we’re in the round and get a fifth year option on the player they draft. They also got a 2nd rounder next year that’s more than likely going to be no higher than the middle of that round.

So yeah it’s not bad. We knew dealing with Denver would be the least profitable with their lack of picks. All things considered we probably got all we could get. I’m glad the drama is over. Let’s move on

We got a first rounder this year and yeah it’s #30 but at least we’re in the round and get a fifth year option on the player they draft. They also got a 2nd rounder next year that’s more than likely going to be no higher than the middle of that round.

So yeah it’s not bad. We knew dealing with Denver would be the least profitable with their lack of picks. All things considered we probably got all we could get. I’m glad the drama is over. Let’s move on
Yeah onto losing every game next year hopefully for Caleb Williams

Way less than what I wanted and expected. Don't like the idea of giving up a 3rd round pick this year for a 2bd round pick next year. The way the NFL trade chart works, that's a complete wash in terms of draft points.

Basically the Saints traded Sean Payton for 640 draft chart points, pick #29 this year.

Yes, I said 1,300 draft points is what I though Loomis wanted. In my opinion, Loomis sold cheap.

I know MANY people thought the Saints were not getting a first round pick for him, the trade was essentially for pick #29. A Saints third rounder for a Broncos 2nd next year is a complete wash in the NFL Draft Trade Chart.

Sorry Loomis, big FAIL on that one. Sean Payton for 640 points.....hahah. Trade the pick to the Eagles for a 2026 baloney sandwich.

(Sorry for the wrong info, 2024 3rd and not 2023 3rd.....glad the Saints got something of value for Sean Payton.)

Last edited:
It’s the 29th pick. Might as well say high second. Loomis gave him away.
That 29th pick allows you to get a top prospect. There are alot of good players between 29 and our 2nd round pick that would have been gone. And there alot of good players that would be gone by the time our 3rd round pick came that you can now get with the 2nd round pick.

It's funny to me how disposable some SR members think 1st round picks are. Like teams just part with them with ease. We now have a 1st and moved up a round and it didn't cost us one player.

If Sean didn't want to coach we wouldn't have either. And to say Loomis gave him away when you have no idea of what actual offers we received is ridiculous.

Way less than what I wanted and expected. Don't like the idea of giving up a 3rd round pick this year for a 2bd round pick next year. The way the NFL trade chart works, that's a complete wash in terms of draft points.

Basically the Saints traded Sean Payton for 640 draft chart points, pick #29 this year.

Yes, I said 1,300 draft points is what I though Loomis wanted. In my opinion, Loomis sold cheap.

I know MANY people thought the Saints were not getting a first round pick for him, the trade was essentially for pick #29. A Saints third rounder for a Broncos 2nd next year is a complete wash in the NFL Draft Trade Chart.

Sorry Loomis, big FAIL on that one. Sean Payton for 640 points.....hahah. Trade the pick to the Eagles for a 2026 baloney sandwich.
We didn’t give up a 3rd this year.

And I’m sorry if you set expectations that weren’t met. Pretty much everyone outside of this board agrees the Saints/Loomis did a great job.

If you’re losing sleep over a 2024 3rd round pick, then I don’t know how to help you. And a 1st this year can always be flipped for more picks later.
Loomis....trading DOWN....hahahahaha

Saints should 100% be open to trading pick #29 to a team that wants back in the first round to grab a player. Preferably a team with a pick near the top of the second round this year, for their 2024 1st round pick and a "throw away" 3rd rounder this year. I doubt the Saints will get a QB at pick #29 and if they do, that guy would probably still have been there at pick 35-40.

NOT happy getting a 2024 2nd instead of a 1st, really not happy with sending back a 3rd, but getting a 1st round pick was still a good deal for a guy who quit.

We didn’t give up a 3rd this year.

And I’m sorry if you set expectations that weren’t met. Pretty much everyone outside of this board agrees the Saints/Loomis did a great job.
I read it was a 3rd this year. If not, I stand corrected. I was working and was trying to catch up with the news.

You really should’ve done some fact checking before this rant.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom