Breaking! Sean to Denver for 2023 1st, 2024 2nd, send back a 24 3rd [MERGED] (1 Viewer)

I read it was a 3rd this year. If not, I stand corrected. I was working and was trying to catch up with the news.
Lol, so you were willing to look up all the "points" draft picks are worth but not willing to look up the basics of the trade?!

You really should’ve done some fact checking before this rant.
I thought it was a 2023 3rd and not a 2024, that was the early report I read, didn't read all the info. Sorry......rant off.

A little better trade with this info. Still not as many draft points as I thought. I know many national media think the Saints did great and for a guy who quit and was not going to coach the Saints again, it sure looks like gravy to most.

Glad to get a 2023 1st though. Hopefully Saints consider trading back and getting more in the 2024 draft. I don't think one late 1st in 2023 will get the team a top QB, getting a 1st in 2024 might help.

I didn’t ignore that. This was the best offer we got, so we took it. The alternative would have been Payton broadcasting another year and we get nothing.

This just goes to show, it doesn’t really matter what a team does, people will go out of their way to be upset about it.
1675213010578.gif
Once again Mickey Loomis shows his tendency of giving away picks.

What we are doing is recovering the some of the assets given away last year to get a second first rounder and trading up with Washington.

It may be the best deal available, only market determines that, but once and for all, we should learn to keep our picks!
Dude, it’s a points system. They gave back the third for it to make the value what they (presumably) agreed on during the initial conversation.

CSP was third on the list behind Ryans and Jim H, you think he was negotiating from a position of power?

Last edited:
Lol, so you were willing to look up all the "points" draft picks are worth but not willing to look up the basics of the trade?!
I remembered the draft points from earlier this week...and yeah, I was....

Man, one little rant really gets people riled up. I've been here a while you know.

I appreciate all that Sean Payton and Loomis have done for the franchise. I hope the Saints can get a QB who can win again.

Its all opinion. Id think with this franchise and what needs to be done with the cap and roster, theyd value a 2024 pick at least as equal, and it seems a resonable gamble that Denver is not going to make the AFCCG next season. Not moving Allen OR Carmichael to me is, not exactly a committment to excellence this season. I just cant figure out what direction this franchise is headed. Everything they are doing seems to be a contradiction from one day to the next.

I dont care at this point. We just have to hope we hit a home run with a later 1st round pick and its not a Payton Turner/Marcus Davenport project that didnt work out.
I'm not saying you can't have that opinion. I'm saying as a matter of NFL franchises, it's not an opinion. It is standard procedure to devalue future picks vs. current year picks.

Loomis gave his friend a deal so he could get a big payday and at the cost of our team don't see how so many or blinded by this.... Loomis should be thinking Saints first not friend first, even if it meant his friend would have to wait till next year

Think about it this way:

Denver's 2023 1st and a 2024 3rd/2nd pick swap= mid 1st round value.
Denver's 2024 1st and a 2023 4th= mid 1st round value.

The Gruden pkg was asking too much heres why:
Gruden was the Raiders active coach at the time of the trade.
Payton was a retired coach already gone from the Saints out of the league.

I hope the Saints can get a QB who can win again.
Who? You not getting a decent QB at 29 buddy! Saints need 2 1st rounders next year, not this year(Caleb Williams). They need picks this year. We need 2 more RBs, 4 WRs, 3 DTs, and some OL depth. You not getting that with 1 extra pick.

Thank the heavens its not a 23rd pick we could waste on a RB from Ole Miss or a 24th pick we could waste on a DE from California or a 27th pick we could waste on a WR from TN or a a 28th pick we could waste on a RB from AL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom