Breaking! Sean to Denver for 2023 1st, 2024 2nd, send back a 24 3rd [MERGED] (1 Viewer)

Who? You not getting a decent QB at 29 buddy! Saints need 2 1st rounders next year, not this year(Caleb Williams). They need picks this year. We need 2 more RBs, 4 WRs, 3 DTs, and some OL depth. You not getting that with 1 extra pick.
I agree 100% that they should try to go "all in" for the 2024 draft and look at trading pick #29 to a team desperate for a player at that spot. You never know until the draft, but the Saints will probably wind up picking before #29 after it is all over. Given the Saints history, they will trade up about five spots from #29, give up a couple of picks and take a Guard.

They "could" get a QB at #29 who "might" be really good, but I don't think the chance of that is high at all.

I wonder how he will do at altitude with that extra 20 pounds he has put on.....

I'm kind of excited for him, he gets to see two great quarterbacks in his division. Four games every year against true franchise QB's. I wonder who will work on the defensive side and does he take any current Saints coaches? I'm willing to have Denver trade for DA for a 2024 6th round pick.

I didn't mention DA because he didn't make the trade. And I'm referring to the journalists who cover the sport.
Most of them wanted Payton with Russell Wilson. Of course they’ll make it seem like we didn’t lose. So we can continue making dumb trades in the future to boost their big names teams.

Colin gives a brief recap of his convos with Payton. Sean has the audacity to say he was concerned with Denver'scap flexibility. This guy :frack:

You would've been unhappy unless it was two firsts straight up. If there was more to be had he would've taken it. This isn't like the gruden deal. He's not on the team. ML isn't trying to do SP a favor here.
There is literally no way of knowing any of this. Foolish.

The value was a mid round pick and the chart says 2023 29th pick and 2024 2nd, minus a 3rd is about the 16th pick of the draft. Right about what it should be, right about what SP said…

We all wanted more but this is probably what it was always guna be.

Lastly, all this nonsense you’re talking, Broncos apparently tried everything they could to avoid giving the Saint anything including offering Ryans the job AGAIN today… so let’s not act like ML is an idiot, he got it done.

Loomis gave his friend a deal so he could get a big payday and at the cost of our team don't see how so many or blinded by this.... Loomis should be thinking Saints first not friend first, even if it meant his friend would have to wait till next year
Looking back at Payton’s comments, he told Loomis what he should expect in a trade, and Loomis obliged like a good friend. I mean, Payton could not have been more dead on if he handled he negotiations himself.

Loomis got played…..again.

Looking back at Payton’s comments, he told Loomis what he should expect in a trade, and Loomis obliged like a good friend. I mean, Payton could not have been more dead on if he handled he negotiations himself.

Loomis got played…..again.
Or…alternatively…

Loomis told Payton what he was expecting to get. Or maybe Payton used common sense to observe what fair value was.

Or…alternatively…

Loomis told Payton what he was expecting to get. Or maybe Payton used common sense to observe what fair value was.
Which would make Loomis an absolute idiot if he was trying to get the best possible deal for the Saints. You never tell the other side what your bottom line is, unless you’re a poor negotiator.

So in reality we got the #29 pick. Swapping 2 and 3 is a wash. All so Mickeys buddy can coach? I don’t care if he has to sit out another year. He deserted us, not the other way around. We owe him NOTHING.
What? Moving from a 3 to a 2 is not a wash.

Loomis gave his friend a deal so he could get a big payday and at the cost of our team don't see how so many or blinded by this.... Loomis should be thinking Saints first not friend first, even if it meant his friend would have to wait till next year
You…do realize that we didn’t trade Payton to the Broncos, right?

We received compensation to release Sean from his contract so he could coach the Broncos.

So the job had to be one that Payton wanted.

Was Loomis supposed to force him to go work for the Texans or the Cardinals just because the compensation could have been better?

Payton wanted the Broncos. We accepted their offer.

Again - what was the alternative that would have made you satisfied that Loomis was putting the Saints over his friend?

Would it have been better for him to say “Sorry, Sean! Go back to TV another season and we’ll see if the offers get better for a coach that would then be 2 years removed from the sideline!”

How does that help us more than what we got?

We were compensated for a guy who was in a studio this season.

What else did you want? If it was more than what we actually got - then you had your expectations unrealistically high. That’s not Mickeys fault.

Which would make Loomis an absolute idiot if he was trying to get the best possible deal for the Saints. You never tell the other side what your bottom line is, unless you’re a poor negotiator.

The point is that anyone who paid any level of objective attention knew what fair value would be. Anything including a 1st would be a win.

We got more. And just about everyone outside of this board thinks the Saints did great. The only people who believe otherwise were people who somehow convinced themselves this situation was remotely similar to a trade TWO DECADES AGO INVOLVING AN ACTIVE COACH.

What? Moving from a 3 to a 2 is not a wash.
Yeah, you'd think a 2 is worse than a 3 the way some people are talking. We got a low 1 and then some. Which is more than a lot of people were guessing. I recall at least one poster literally bragging that no team would give up a first for Payton.

The deal certainly is less than I hoped, but ultimately probably right about where Payton should probably be valued.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom