Breaking! Sean to Denver for 2023 1st, 2024 2nd, send back a 24 3rd [MERGED] (2 Viewers)

Do we really think they would offer that pick. If I’m Denver I tell Loomis u can have whatever but our first next year. If they traded next years first and Wilson is bad they would be dead for years
That literally was part of the negotiations before the trade was official earlier today

Do we really think they would offer that pick. If I’m Denver I tell Loomis u can have whatever but our first next year. If they traded next years first and Wilson is bad they would be dead for years
Yeah, I seriously doubt next year's first was on the table for Denver. This year's first made the most sense.

Payton was coming off a losing season from a team he had total control over. He walked away when the going got tough. He is not an up and coming multi Super Bowl winning coach. If I was a Denver fan I would be P'Oed.
Actually, slight correction to your post.

In Payton’s last season, we were 9-8 and missed the playoffs only when the eventual Super Bowl champ Rams blew a 17 point lead to the Niners at home.

The 2021 team was probably one of his best coaching jobs as he was able to grind a winning season out of a terrible injury situation.

So if I’m a Broncos fan - I’m feeling maybe a little concerned about the draft capital spent the past 2 off seasons - but beyond that I’d be feeling optimistic.

Again, that’s not how it works. Draft compensation is the perfect example of “a bird in hand is worth two in the bush.” And there’s no way to guarantee where they’ll finish next year or that whoever we get with that pick will hit.

Plus…we need the first this year. It provides some flexibility. We can use it to trade up if we see a QB we like. We can trade back and acquire future assets. Or we can stay put and add some young talent.
Do you not understand that if we took the 2024 1st it could only be 3 SPOTS WORSE than we got. And Denver would have to WIN THE SUPERBOWL to do that SMH

Do you not understand that if we took the 2024 1st it could only be 3 SPOTS WORSE than we got. And Denver would have to WIN THE SUPERBOWL to do that SMH
I am aware, yes.

That’s also not how teams look at it.

Anyone who thinks we didn’t get enough should go to another teams board and see what they’re saying. I just went to one such board. Not a single post thinking we didn’t get enough.

That is ridiculous.

Wow...that is just unbelievable....

That's hilarious. Payton wasn't their first choice, and still forked over 1st & 2nd. Goodness...

Are you serious!!! WOW!!!!!!!

Dear lord baby Jesus. A first and a second?! No. Just....no. Good for Payton and the Saints, but Denver gave up too much.

*** world is this

Damn, Saints made out Big!

Steep price to pay for mediocrity

Wow, the Broncos really are going all in on Russell Wilson and Sean Payton.

Saints won that trade. They should be able to rebuild, package your two picks for one of the top QBs.

All those premium draft picks for a washed up QB and a burned out head coach.

What a deal for the Saints!

The legend of Payton had reached Gruden levels.

Silly giving up significant compensation for him.
Please tell me what 2 picks we package together to get one of the top QBs?

Overall, I think this is the best both teams and Sean could ask for. I think the compensation was fair. Sean is a great coach and will ensure winning is the primary focus of the orginization. Draft capital isn't gold, it can be easily gotten back. The man will likely trade away a third of the team, if needed. Expect them to be busy in free agency and willing to trade people who don't get on program.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom