Breaking! Sean to Denver for 2023 1st, 2024 2nd, send back a 24 3rd [MERGED] (1 Viewer)

I would like nothing more than a complete disaster in Denver, I'm hoping for a Petrino type disaster.
I don’t think it’ll be a Petrino type of disaster, but as long as Mahomes is there KC will rule the AFCW.
That leaves Denver to fight for a wild card during his tenure.

Just because you say it’s relevant doesn’t make it so. He was under contract through 2024 whether he coached or not. Denver had to get permission to interview him whether he coached or not. He could demand a high salary and control whether he coached or not. Him pacing the sidelines last year could not be more irrelevant.

By the way, the poll on the front page shows 42% of fans on this site are unhappy with the trade. I don’t consider 58% a great majority.
It’s relevant because of precedent. Look at the Holmgren trade. A 2nd round pick. Look at Arians. And Edwards.

And the only thing the poll on this site shows is how many people created unrealistic expectations in their brains before this all began. I guarantee you a poll of neutral NFL fans (or executives for that matter) watching this situation play out would feel otherwise.

And by the way: this isn’t just playing the result. There have been plenty of us on here who have been trying to explain this for weeks and months whenever anyone would scream “Gruden trade or else!!!”

I’ll always be a Payton fan. He turned this franchise into a winning organization and we went into every season with high expectations. I don’t hold any grudges against him wanting to leave or quit. It’s got to be an unbelievably stressful job. A year off can do wonders…I’ve done it myself. Rested, relaxed and ready for a new challenge.

At first I was disappointed in our compensation from Denver but reading everyone’s arguments, I think we did as well as we could. It’s a shame we had to give back a third, but it looked like Payton could have easily returned to Fox and we’d be holding an empty bag. I’ll root for Sean and the Broncos as long as it doesn’t affect the Saints.

I have a good reason. He gave away a draft pick we really can’t afford to give away.
You keep saying gave it away when that's not what happened. It was traded away, not given. Regardless, neither of us knows what happened behind closed doors, so the argument over whether ML negotiated hard is moot anyway.

I don’t think it’ll be a Petrino type of disaster, but as long as Mahomes is there KC will rule the AFCW.
That leaves Denver to fight for a wild card during his tenure.
Actually, Denver with better playcalling/QB play (especially the last game) probably beats KC both times this season. lol
The only AFC West game they didn't lose by a single score was the Raiders game.

I believe it but I'd already heard from somebody I trust with connections to the Broncos that they trust, that Ryans was their preference. (A Rapoport tweet supports that rumor). I think the Broncos very much had some parameters in place in terms of the amount of risk they were willing to take, which was already likely higher than what they'd hoped for, if it's true that Ryans was their preferred choice. He wouldn't have required a trade and won't command the same salary since he's a first time head coach.

My speculation is the market for Payton was softer than anticipated, perhaps because of his demands, and Loomis made the best of the only viable deal left on the table.
I believe this was smoke. I’m not saying ML took the bait. But if you’re in a super tight negotiation In a board room. And you have some anxious clown with a camera peering thru the doors window. That clown is your vehicle for disinformation. I doubt that they caved and let the clown sit at the head of the table.

But what's the point in bringing that up anyway? Everyone knew he was going to coach again for another team literally during his exit press conference. Do you want everyone to start calling Payton a bad guy or something? I just don't understand what point you're attempting to make.

I see this leaving for this and that team all the time with CSP.....like it is fact.....it's not fact and it never happened and I strongly believe most of it is just rumor and innuendo which is about 99% of sports media these days.....I think it is just a really weird position to take that somehow CSP betrayed us or owes us something.....he didn't and doesn't.....it's truly bizarre....

Not sure accuracy of these tweets but says we initially asked for much more.

If these tweets are true it just supports my statement that Loomis caved ( And I've always liked Loomis, and still do) We originally asked for a close to Gruden trade 2-1's and a 2 ( a 2nd less than the Gruden trade) . They said no. Then we backed down to a 1,2,3 and 4 over 2yrs . And STILL we back down to a low 1, and a 2 next yr, and had to send them our 3 next yr. In the tweet, it said they had other options like Ryans and Harbaugh which they really did not because they both turned them down more than once. SP was Denver's only real viable option and we had them. HC is not like a player. If you miss drafting a QB or WR you can always wait a yr and try again. A team HAS to have a HC, you can't wait and get one next yr.

It also says that we risked getting nothing for SP, I say Bollocks. yes, if ML had held his guns we maybe would have gotten nothing in this draft but there would have been HC vacancies next yr and SP would still have been a hot commodity and we more than likely have gotten our price.

I was not in the Gruden deal or bust crowd. I wanted at least a mid-round 1st and a 2nd or the equivalent . Denver did not have that in this draft. So I would have pushed for this and next yrs 1st and then I would have sent them back next yrs 3rd. With the Ryans/ Harbaugh turning them down situation I feel confident we could have gotten that

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom