Sean Weatherspoon (1 Viewer)

For some reason, I'm thinking Gregg Williams will recommend Navarro Bowman from Penn State over Weatherspoon. I think he is more explosive and nastier than Spoon. His off-field issues have driven him down the boards but his natural ability makes him an interesting prospect.

LB's are usually drafted a round later than most people expect, Rey Mauluga, Laurinitis, David Connor, etc.

For some reason, I'm thinking Gregg Williams will recommend Navarro Bowman from Penn State over Weatherspoon. I think he is more explosive and nastier than Spoon. His off-field issues have driven him down the boards but his natural ability makes him an interesting prospect.

Bowman's a first round talent, but he has a lot of extra baggage.There's no knocking the guy.

If spoon's not there ( and im crossing my fingers he will be) Then we'll probably take a hard look at Bowman. Peyton and co have had some success with players thought to be long gone into a bad lifestyle ( hargrove).

I've never seen any of those adjectives used to describe him. All I've seen is 'great athelete with a big mouth'. His yapping has really turned me off on him and I truly hope the Saints do not take him.

Your the only person I've seen say he has a big mouth. Everyone else says team leader and great person. In fact Matt McGuire from walterfootball.com calls him an extrovert with a contagious personality, that reminds him of Ray Lewis. But he also has him not falling to us. Looks like your all on your own.

Bowman's a first round talent, but he has a lot of extra baggage.There's no knocking the guy.

If spoon's not there ( and im crossing my fingers he will be) Then we'll probably take a hard look at Bowman. Peyton and co have had some success with players thought to be long gone into a bad lifestyle ( hargrove).

Bowman would be legit but I think people are knocking him too hard for his extra baggage. He lost every male mentor he's ever had in the span of a year, his dad, his grandpa and his high school coach. But this year he's been the model citizen and has grown up.

I've never seen any of those adjectives used to describe him. All I've seen is 'great athelete with a big mouth'. His yapping has really turned me off on him and I truly hope the Saints do not take him.

Have you ever seen Weatherspoon play? If we draft him and he brings it like he did in college, then he can yap all he wants! I'd draft him in a heartbeat. Besides, the guy he would possibly replace in Scott Fujita, yaps all game long as well.

Now that I think about it your also the only person who says Norwood has great hips in coverage and out performed the other OLB's in the Senior Bowl. Were you watching the same game as everyone else?

On a side note, you know it's the offseason when you start talking about how guys' hips look.

NFL Network is where they keep saying 'talker' or 'yapper' and in the Senior Bowl, when they put the camera on him on the sideline, he couldn't stop yapping about how good he was. There is a difference in saying something on the field & having a big mouth - NFL Network guys and his SB display seem to indicate he's the latter.

And yes (sorta), I said that Norwood was the best OLB in coverage in the SB game. As I said in another thread, I plan on capturing the replay tonight and will make some clips, time permitting. Eric was easily better in coverage than Sean, but we'll let the clips do the talking. If anyone else would like to capture & make clips too, please be my guest, as I have no idea how long its going to take me.

In the Super Bowl, nobody... and I mean NOBODY... yacked as much as Scott Fujita.

Are you turned off by him, also?

LOL.. Fujita was talking some serious **** during the Superbowl. You would have thought he was playing CB...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom